Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which to buy - inkjecta, Sol Nova or Xion?

Looking into a new machine to replace my Cheyenne hawk spirit. Am looking at Cheyenne Sol Nova, Spektra Xion or Inkjecta flite. Am a bit shy of Spektra - I have had 3 original halo’s which couldn’t cope with running cartridges - motors kept overheating and I went through 5 motors in 2 years... And no it wasn’t a cheap power supply, I don’t do budget crap! So really I think it’s between inkjecta and sol nova, anyone got experience of them both? If not, if you’ve used one of them what did you think to it? Thanks! ☺️

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of the machines you listed, I think your best bet would be a Flite. Multiple stroke cams and adjustable give bars make it more versatile than the others you mentioned. And I’ve yet to hear any complaints on how it performs.
    Can’t say the same about fk or the sol nova.
    Just my opinion. But I hope it helps.

3. Like nathan bauer, demonica liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    When considering what new machines to buy I always look at which ones are constantly up for re-sale on tattoo gear for sale pages and groups/ classified sections/ebay etc... always tons of FK’s and Cheyennes. My experience with FK was lackluster and I hear that hawks always break.

5. Like demonica liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone that has a Sol Nova say that it's an excellent machine, even Hawk haters. Everything that was an issue with the Hawk pen is fixed, I dont have one personally but it has pretty universal acclaim. I have 3 broken hawk pens but I'm pretty convinced on getting one. I just dont need anymore machines lol. Flites are amazing also but you need to adjust them for the desired performance, Sol Nova is plug and play great performance. I still use my Xions and Hawk Pens and 2 other models in my rotation but off your list I'd get the Sol Nova or Flite

7. Like demonica liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using a XIon for 2 years with no problems at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Xion is a nice machine, i just lost all respect for the company. I still grab it once in a while but imo the valhalla is a superior machine at a lower cost.

10. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is better about the valhalla?

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    What is better about the valhalla?
    Adjustable on the fly stroke adjustment

Post Thanks / Like
    So as an update I went with an Inkjecta nano Titan. And I couldn’t be happier! Straight up with the 3.25 can and medium bar it handles everything with consummate ease! I’ve had 2 x Stigma V3’s, 3x Halo’s, a sunskin primus, Cheyenne hawk & thunder and 2 x Roy Richardson’s, and none of them can come close to the Inkjecta. So good it feels like cheating! ��

14. Like nathan bauer, thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a flute x1. I like it quite a bit more than the 3 flute v2s I had. I am gonna pick up a nano elite just to keep setup as a dedicated liner.