Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neuma N4

Post Thanks / Like

Neuma N4

Looks like Carson Hill is coming out with a new neuma pen machine. It runs a motor (not air) and he’s hinting at having something unique going on with the stroke cam. It looks pretty smooth.
    I’m just curious if anyone has heard anything more about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes look pretty cool, but no infos or specs on the web page... need some technical infos
    lots of builder want a piece of cake, but..

for me, im
    really looking for a very good brand who make the best cartdriges !!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks cool, hopefully this machine lives up to its premise

Post Thanks / Like
    Any news about. I think from the mechanics it's similar to a stigma amen or the sinner rotary. The cam have a waveform and imitate so a waveform of a coil. But the hit characteris from a coil I don't think it's the same.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Any news about. I think from the mechanics it's similar to a stigma amen or the sinner rotary. The cam have a waveform and imitate so a waveform of a coil. But the hit characteris from a coil I don't think it's the same.
    Seems to have great feedback, I mostly see the feedback on Instagram but on some FB groups as well it seems to be a solid machine. Im waiting out the "honeymoon" period that a lot of machines get to see how good it actually is after the hype cools down. So far the extra options for the Cams arent even out yet it only has the stock drive system

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they have now 3 cams.. 2 Standart cams like normal rotary and one 0.20 cam that's simulate a coil with 3mm I think. So when I read it's better as a Dan kubin I'm very carefull. Mostly it's a hype.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also interested. I've been following the reviews from the day it came out. It's impressive the good feedback it has on ig.
    Did anyone here tried it?
    @eddie.filip

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of these and have only used it on ONE tattoo so far. Only had it for a day.
    I'm having a *little bit* of a hard time getting used to just how light it is. Feels like there's literally nothing in your hand, since all of the weight is in the front.
    I actually came here to look at what all you guys thought was the best battery pack out there so that I can get some of the weight back on the back end of the machine.
    With the VERY limited experience I have so far with this machine, I CAN say that it lines really well! Something that I've been looking for in a rotary machine for a long time now. It's very consistent with shading, and I'm really impressed by how it not only packs color, but effortlessly shades when I did a black and grey tattoo. So far, it's been GREAT except that I have to get used to the weightlessness.
    If I get some time, I'll post another review after a month or so of using it.
    Oh, and Ty Pallotta gave it a review on the Fireside podcast here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXUub6Q4wI which is what sold me on buying it to begin with. Ty likes to try out all the newest tattoo machines and give really honest reviews. I also ended up buying a Miso Toku power supply after watching a review he did on that, and I couldn't be happier with it!

All that being said about the Neuma, Does anyone have any recommendations for me for a nice battery pack? I'd like something that you can change the voltage in small increments, and of course that'll last a while on a single charge without losing power.

ANYONE have any recommendations for a battery pack???

Post Thanks / Like
    Carson seems to like the new Critical Tattoo Supply battery packs. Fucking $$$$ tho for those things.
    "Buy once from me, or buy once a year from the other guys."
    Heavy Duty Custom Armrests
    Bully NeverRests
    bullyneverrests@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/BullyNeverRests
    1-216-403-1987

Post Thanks / Like
    As promised, I'm following up on my review.
    Been using this machine for about 6 months now and it's KILLER for linework. It'll push anything you throw at it from a tight 3 to a 14rl with ease.
    Carson gave me a breakdown of the cams that he's come out with and what they're used for. As follows:
    Neuma Stroke Profiles.jpg
    I bought all of the cams, but have been using it primarily for lining. Again... couldn't be happier! I should mention that I also own a Dan Kubin Sidewinder (version 2) that also lines like using a sharpie, and I've been using that for a few years but have switched to the Neuma 4 almost exclusively. The only thing I'm using the Kubin for is for pepper shading. If you turn it down to almost nothing (like 2.5 to 3 volts) with a tight grouping liner, the pepper shading it does is unparalleled.
    I have switched out the cam in the Neuma a few times for black and grey, but I still prefer my Inkjecta Flite 2.1 for black and grey. Maybe I'm just used to it and haven't given the Neuma much of a chance yet to see if it can deliver the same results as the Inkjecta.
    So those are my 3 primary machines that I'm using for pretty much everything that I'm doing nowadays.
    If anyone wants any more "technical" details, try looking Ty Palotta's review of the machine linked above in my original post.
    ...and if you're looking for a REALLY nice liner, I would HIGHLY recommend the Neuma 4.