Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

gen 7 and soft clip

so for the past 2 weeks I have been using my gen 7 with the soft clip and have done line work,blk and gry,color..I have to say very nice.. I did this very large dragon today lots of scales and used a 3L and I was very impressed.. I did some color work with it today on a lady side and she was commenting how the skin wasn't red around the tattoo, So I just might have to buy a whip and see how it does. I'm def starting to like rotarys with "give" to them..I look forward to one of J carltons machine,tattooed pirates cutlass and a few others
    VAGABOND JAY

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I only have one soft clip and maybe 6 hard clips floating around. Wonder why they send them that way? Maybe the hard clips are more popular?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt worry one soft clip seems like enough? Ive bent one of mine around to see if i could make it hit softer and it did sweet FA. Polymide plastic is tuff stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    So around what volts do you find yourself running your gen7 with the soft clip? i've been loving them recently and have been doing black and grey around 6.5-7 volts and it does it qoute smoth, but I've found in some of my healed tattoos that the black that seems quite saturated is not as dark as I would like. Just curious as to if I'm running it too light. I'm about to order a whip so being able to adjust give would probably help with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_cupid View Post
    So around what volts do you find yourself running your gen7 with the soft clip? i've been loving them recently and have been doing black and grey around 6.5-7 volts and it does it qoute smoth, but I've found in some of my healed tattoos that the black that seems quite saturated is not as dark as I would like. Just curious as to if I'm running it too light. I'm about to order a whip so being able to adjust give would probably help with that.
    I run my gen 7 around 10.0v maybe a lil higher..but that only affects the speed of the machine and your hand speed... but most people run there swashdrive at a min of 8v. but the whip is a great machine I just picked one up and Iam about to buy another one
    VAGABOND JAY

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some inks don't heal as black as others. What are you using? Maybe that's a factor?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. It's kind of funny because I continued to read on what others where running theirs at and saw that 8 and over seemed to be the going voltage. I did a few pieces yesterday and saw the difference. I'm kind of mad at myself for not experimenting with that more...it's not like I just started tattooing, lol. I love these machines tho (I have two gen 7s and my coils are collecting dust).

I ordered a whip and it should actually be arriving in the mail today. It has so many options. What are your favorite setting s for it with bg, color, lining? very curious.

049.jpg

here is a tattoo I actually did with the swash.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and I use Kuro Sumi for all of my black, so I'm thinking that my low voltage, which did take a bit to long to put in now that I think about it, was the problem. I'm glad there are forums like this to help me with this rotary transition. I'm definitely glad I made the switch tho.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    try the double sumi black by them it goes in fast n dark and is not to thick that it drys up.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and I use Kuro Sumi for all of my black, so I'm thinking that my low voltage, which did take a bit to long to put in now that I think about it, was the problem. I'm glad there are forums like this to help me with this rotary transition. I'm definitely glad I made the switch tho.
    hey bad cupid..i knew you worked at city of ink..I dig tukki and mya baily work..I stop by from time to time to see them
    Last edited by gangstajay; 07-25-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    VAGABOND JAY