Post Thanks / Like

inconsistant swash drive

I bought a gen 7 used. Its an awesome machine. But I've noticed that its heating up and everyonce in a while it will slow down for a second and the speed back up . It doesnt do it a lot but Ive noticed it a few times.

Is the motor dieing? Is it normal?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has it had the bearing oiled recently???...one of my stainless gen 7's would slow down,but i hadnt oiled it as it was only 2 weeks old...once oiled it ran lovely,maybe it hadnt been oiled when made was the only explanation i could think of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Idea. If possible can you explain how to oil the bearing? Ive recieved mixed messages as to whether or not its even supposed to be oiled.

James

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonertattoos View Post
    Good Idea. If possible can you explain how to oil the bearing? Ive recieved mixed messages as to whether or not its even supposed to be oiled.

James
    Well the last time i bought a gen 7 from tony at quality tattoo machines australia he sent me oil with it...and i dont think it was to fry food with ha ha....you really need aneedle top oil
    bottle(did you get one with yours?)...on the main bearing is a rubber seal,gently insert the needle tip under the seal and apply 1 drop of oil...
    Last edited by elbo; 07-17-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And like i said before...my stainless gen 7 was cured of running slow then fast by oiling...if the motor is running a dry bearing its gonna get hot,just dont oil the motor or you will ruin it...hopefully its nothing else causing you these problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    all of the above is true

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it RCA or clipcord? Sometimes a bad cord connection can make a machine run a little erratically. Does it just slow down a little or do you hear it stop for a split second?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?