Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BISHOP ROTARY

Post Thanks / Like
    besides the weight difference and the look the bishop seems to have an entirely different feel to the skin than the neotat. i heard the spring set up and strength is very different and the hit is exactly in between hard and soft where as my neotat hits way way too hard and i have to slow it down to not rip the skin. also the bishop is made by a tattooer in which i fully respect to the fullest. why would i want to support some company that is in it for the money and has no idea how it even feels to tattoo with a rotary cuz they arent even a tattooer!!!period!!! and the other rotary that i love is the stigma but it almost gets complicated trying to remember wich setting i put it on to soften the hit. and the customer service there sucks ass. i waited 3 weeks for an email response and i barely could understand the guy. just my thots...

Post Thanks / Like
    hey blkngrey..if iam not mistaking the builder of the neo-tat is on this site... and he tattoos... So you would be supporting an artist..just taking a shot in the dark here but I dont think the makers of the swash drive does tattoo's.not sure... or the people who own tattoo supply company's I know for a fact that the owner of king pin tattoo supplies and diversified products in florida dont tattoo but we all support them... when you reading thru the post..the member that has the green neo-tat banner is the builder and he live in the us... I plan on purchasing each of them.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines TATMATIC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the neo tat guy IS NOT A TATTOOER ...... see there is a diffrence the supply guys like bill who owns kingpin sell other peoples stuff ..... i do think that if a tattooer makes a machine it will come out a tad bit better ...." because he uses it and makes changes " he feels the pro's and con's .... my opinion....
    Last edited by TATMATIC; 12-11-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines TATMATIC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....ray webb is his name .... a machinist....
    Last edited by TATMATIC; 12-11-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you on both of those points with anything in the industry... tatmatic..iam going to get a bishop and a neo tat.. I have 2 swashes and a few stealths..shit I had 20 coil machine's from alot of good builders..liked them all

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    try the rapiers cary is a working tattooest and loves eventing stuff as a hobby that turned into a biz.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been away for a few days working on projects for the better of our community and have not had time to chat on the forum, and I get on and see….. what I missed….

“besides the weight difference and the look the bishop seems to have an entirely different feel to the skin than the neotat.. i heard the spring set up and strength is very different and the hit is exactly in between hard and soft….”

Has he used a bishop machine, or is this just what he has heard?

“….my neotat hits way way too hard and i have to slow it down to not rip the skin.”

How fast and hard is he running the NeoTat to rip up skin?

“….alsothe bishop is made by a tattooer in which i fully respect to the fullest.”

A design that was copied by a tattooer who then changed the appearance of the design to then call his own.

“why would i want to support some company that is in it for the money….”

I would question this statement. The NeoTat was designed by a person who has made tattoo machines and equipment for many years, a person who saw a need to change the way tattooing was done, something that was better for the artist.

So,
    Why not make clone machines smaller with less material while using less machine time but charge more money, like say $400.00 or a $350.00 deal?

I am a man who has designed and built many things over my many years of life but I don’t tattoo because I am not an artist….but I have tattooed and I do know how my machines feel. I don’t care if you respect me or not, because I know that I have developed a great product that many people enjoy using…..and now people are copying.
    I suggest that this person look at the artists who use my machines and show them respect…..because many of you are damn good. And every one of the artists who use my machines bought machines. I didn’t just give them machines to use with a smile so they could say they use NeoTats. They use them because they like them, not just because it was a freebie.
    Enough said…..

I would suggest that the folks at Bishop sharpen their pencils and bring the cost down before the Chinese out do them………

Myself, I’ve got other things to do like refine my new tattoo machines.

Ray

8. Thanks zack_fa1r thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    tell em, ray!! you make an awesome product, and im a die hard neotat enthusiast!!!! i may not be able to see my toes but i can see you are a true innovator!!!

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don't feel that this thread is going anywhere, except for bashing a particular machine. If anyone has read the forum rules, they would see that bashing or insulting anyone is not welcome here. If we are going to split hairs, let's explore a few more points before I decide this 'conversation' is over and close the thread. Reviews and opinions are welcome here but calling out a builder for not being a tattooer is a mute point.

Quote Originally Posted by blkngrey View Post
    besides the weight difference and the look the bishop seems to have an entirely different feel to the skin than the neotat. i heard the spring set up and strength is very different and the hit is exactly in between hard and soft where as my neotat hits way way too hard and i have to slow it down to not rip the skin. also the bishop is made by a tattooer in which i fully respect to the fullest. why would i want to support some company that is in it for the money and has no idea how it even feels to tattoo with a rotary cuz they arent even a tattooer!!!period!!! and the other rotary that i love is the stigma but it almost gets complicated trying to remember wich setting i put it on to soften the hit. and the customer service there sucks ass. i waited 3 weeks for an email response and i barely could understand the guy. just my thots...
    So who actually manufactures the Bishop? Everyone's work and technique is different so one type of machine will not work the same way for every artist. Every rotary machine I have used has different qualities. Some hit harder, some have a give, some are better for black and grey, some are amazing for packing color. A different machine for different tasks. If you are unhappy with your neotat we have a buy sell section you are welcome to list it for sale and buy yourself another machine from another builder.

Quote Originally Posted by gangstajay View Post
    hey blkngrey..if iam not mistaking the builder of the neo-tat is on this site... and he tattoos... So you would be supporting an artist..just taking a shot in the dark here but I dont think the makers of the swash drive does tattoo's.not sure... or the people who own tattoo supply company's I know for a fact that the owner of king pin tattoo supplies and diversified products in florida dont tattoo but we all support them... when you reading thru the post..the member that has the green neo-tat banner is the builder and he live in the us... I plan on purchasing each of them.
    The swash system is not manufactured by a tattoo artist and was not even invented by one. If you read the bio on the history of the machines it was developed and created by an ENGINEER. The Stealth is made in CHINA and is a copy of the swiss rotary, jury is still out if that was designed by a tattoo artist or not. The Neuma was an idea that a tattoo artist had, he still retained an industrial design firm to make it come together, the machines are not made or assembled by a tattoo artist. The Cheyenne Hawk is also another machine that is not made by a tattooer or even developed by one. A company in Germany that makes products for the permanent cosmetics industry makes and sells the Hawk. The vast majority of products you use from supply companies are not made by tattoo artist they are made for you. Unless you are buying every single thing you use day to day from a supply company like Lucky's you are not buying a product manufactured or distributed by a working professional. Who made your tips, grips, power supply and your pigments?

Quote Originally Posted by TATMATIC View Post
    the neo tat guy IS NOT A TATTOOER ...... see there is a diffrence the supply guys like bill who owns kingpin sell other peoples stuff ..... i do think that if a tattooer makes a machine it will come out a tad bit better ...." because he uses it and makes changes " he feels the pro's and con's .... my opinion....
    The machine is a tool that operates on the principles of physics its up to you to make it work better or worse for you. I am not interested in dragging other builders on here into this but if you do a little searching you will see requests for suggestions on what you want and how you use your machines in the best interest of making a better production machine. Kingpin also has their own line of machines listed on the site, so do Eikon and all the other distributors. The R&D department at Eikon makes changes to what they build based on input from the people that use their products day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by TATMATIC View Post
    ....ray webb is his name .... a machinist....
    And an Inventor and an engineer with a long history of involvement manufacturing products for this industry, the cosmetic tattoo industry and the medical industry.

Quote Originally Posted by gangstajay View Post
    I agree with you on both of those points with anything in the industry... tatmatic..iam going to get a bishop and a neo tat.. I have 2 swashes and a few stealths..shit I had 20 coil machine's from alot of good builders..liked them all
    The bottom line is people will vote with their own wallets. Jay if and when you get both the machines I would love to hear your opinions on them.

Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    try the rapiers cary is a working tattooest and loves eventing stuff as a hobby that turned into a biz.
    Cary is a working tattoo artist. Cary also works very closely with a very talented engineer who he respectfully gives a lot of credit to for making his machines run as well as they do. From my personal experience both Cary and Ray are very concerned with keeping customers happy and making changes to design based on feedback received from the artists who use these machines day to day. If not for the help of an engineer your Rapiers would not be anywhere close to what you are using currently (no offence Cary, just giving credit to your helper).

You use a rotary machine! This is not like a coil machine where if you wanted to tap and thread your own screws in addition to hand wrapping your coils you could or choose to buy from only builders who do. You cannot put that level of work into a rotary machine since you dont make your own motors.* The fight you should all be fighting is keeping the tools you use from getting knocked off in china and then buying from there because you can save a few bucks. Bishop, Neotat, Tattooed Pirate, inkjecta, swash, Dragonfly, blitz, Stigma, shagbuilt... the list goes on and on. All machines built in the country of origin and backed by good people who know how to make a good product regardless of if they tattoo full time or not.

*John Clarke is the only living builder I know of to have made a rotary tattoo machine from scratch.

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you,
    and very well said.