Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Neotat Vivace (viv'-uh-chay) Long stroke and XL stroke

I've had the opportunity to work with both the vivace long stroke and extra long stroke for a little while now. It's really hard to say if I like one better than the other.

They are a bit lighter than the 'traditional' box-shaped Neotat and weighted slightly differently. They feel very nice in the hand. The lighter weight really makes it a breeze to do long sits and not feel crampy towards the end of the day (which is nice), but there is a LITTLE weight to it - enough so that it doesn't feel squirrely in your hand. A very stable machine.

It comes in RCA or clipcord. Interesting thing about the clipcord model, you have the ability to position the posts vertically or horizontally - whichever you find more comfortable.

I've used it for lining (see my post in the lining thread), shading and coloring.

As for the difference between the extra long stroke and the long stroke, I've found that I like to use the extra long stroke for solid color. Solid THICK color. For anyone used to a machine such as a Roy Richardson, or Rotaryworks, you are familiar with the very long stroke. I don't like to use the extra long stroke Neotat very fast - in fact, I run it at a max of 8 volts, maybe 8.5. I find that if I am working slowly, I can pack color like nobody's business. Most times, it's an easy "one pass".

Tribal may not be my bag, but working slowly with the xl stroke actually makes my job faster. Less volts, less passes, less wiping/cleaning, shorter tattoo time. Getting either would be a treat, but depending on whether you are willing to work slower, it could mean that you like the XL stroke more or less.

If you are already used to the standard long stroke Neotat, the Vivace will simply be a different shape, and slightly lighter weight.

(I'll try to add some pics done of work completed with these machines when I get a chance)
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

2. Like Mr.Taboo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you....awesome breakdown!!

4. Thanks Lionhearts thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you like lining with the 4.2mm? Never could get used to lining with the 3.5mm Bishop, so I was wondering if this would be better

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have much problem lining with my regular long stroke neotat. The XL stroke seems to 'want' to be run slower, so I have to move a little slower with it. Do you usually line slow or fast?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alie K View Post
    I don't have much problem lining with my regular long stroke neotat. The XL stroke seems to 'want' to be run slower, so I have to move a little slower with it. Do you usually line slow or fast?
    I like to line fast, but with no give rotaries like the Bishop, I find myself running very slow. I like a lot of needle hang, so I'm intimidated of the 4.2mm stroke for lining and solid fill. From your previous posts and advice, I think I'll stay with 3.5mm. Thanks!