Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    can you do me a favor please? can you post the outcome here in this thread. I have been wanting to do this, but I love my gen 6 the way it is.
    If you notice any Good things that come from swapping it out, I would love to know!!!

thanks,
    chris
    Will do! I have 2 gen6's now, and I wanted to see what the difference was. I was planning to try the one with the soft clip for lining with to see if it was any easier on places like feet/ankles. Sometimes regular rotaries 'hit too hard' on those thin areas.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya...It's a fine line you have to walk with the way that the gen 6 hits when lining....anything below a 7rl and your gonna be visiting blowout city if you don't pay really close attention.

I usually run a tatsoul 8rl at between 8.5 to 9.5 volts, depends the area I'm tattooing.
    But I have been doing some smaller stuff lately that needs a 5rl....so I'll come down to about 7- 7.5 volts.

I'm extremely curious to find out how putting the soft clip on effects the hit...so I can possibly speed up my movement but still not have it hitting way to hard when i come up on the volts....hope that makes sense..good to hear from an experienced tattooer first before i muff the beginning of a line job and have to change out clips 1 minute into a tattoo...lol

Do you have a gen 7?
    Kinda weird, but I have noticed that even with the hard clip, it still hits softer then the gen6 with a hard clip.
    Would love to here your input on shit like this because I REALLY DIG YOUR WORK, and would be all ears!!

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    I hear ya...It's a fine line you have to walk with the way that the gen 6 hits when lining....anything below a 7rl and your gonna be visiting blowout city if you don't pay really close attention.

I usually run a tatsoul 8rl at between 8.5 to 9.5 volts, depends the area I'm tattooing.
    But I have been doing some smaller stuff lately that needs a 5rl....so I'll come down to about 7- 7.5 volts.

I'm extremely curious to find out how putting the soft clip on effects the hit...so I can possibly speed up my movement but still not have it hitting way to hard when i come up on the volts....hope that makes sense..good to hear from an experienced tattooer first before i muff the beginning of a line job and have to change out clips 1 minute into a tattoo...lol

Do you have a gen 7?
    Kinda weird, but I have noticed that even with the hard clip, it still hits softer then the gen6 with a hard clip.
    Would love to here your input on shit like this because I REALLY DIG YOUR WORK, and would be all ears!!
    Thanks for the kind words!

I'll keep you posted on how things turn out. Yes, I have a gen7. That's one of the reasons I wanted to try the soft clip on the gen6 first. I wanted to see the difference between the soft and hard clip on the gen6's, and then I might consider a soft clip for the gen7 and make it a soft black and grey rotary.

I tried using small rounds on the swash's but things felt a little squirrelly, so I only use them if I have to and for 'big rounds' like 5's and 7's. (I kind of laugh at myself when I consider a 5 a 'larger' grouping. Most of what I do is either really tiny, or I just like the look of a thinner line. I rarely use a 5 unless I'm going to bold something out)
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    yup, this seems to be the way tattoing is headed...outlines in tattoos are disappearing.
    I like to do bold more traditional stuff so I'll use a 8 or loose 5 and sculpt from there.

uber talented folks out there using mags from start to finish...mind blowing stuff.

well, it's great to hear your take on things...so keep us posted!!!!