Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does slicksteel! The closest feel and hit to a coil, without actually being one

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    wheres a uk supplier????

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This machine is insanely adjustable. It can hit softer than I can imagine anyone wanting with a very long throw. And all the way back down to a short stroke ( almost identical to my cutback shader, coils) Its louder than any rotary I have used but I actually like the buzz! I have not lined with it but I have a feeling it would be no problem at all.

4. Thanks The Limey thanked for this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    wheres a uk supplier????
    From what Bez posted it looks like its going to be Triplesix Studios
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    what is the compatability with power supplies, is an eagle 2 from franco gonna work ? what power settings work well?. sorry for all the questions ,but this is my first rotary im trying to get a base line to work from .

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the responses guys

-Tat2dPinoy - whats the comparison between the DF and inkjecta as far as actual tattooing?? saturation, ease, color-packing, etc??

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get the standard stroke, or the long stroke?. I'm interested in how the machine packs colour?.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this machine lose punch as you press on the give like a coil? Can't wait for a comparison to a Centri.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i think that one will be on JCarlton i think he is about the only dude on the planet with both in his tool box.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lammy2012 View Post
    thanks for the responses guys

-Tat2dPinoy - whats the comparison between the DF and inkjecta as far as actual tattooing?? saturation, ease, color-packing, etc??
    Ok let me give some comparisons between the two now that I've had more time with them.

The Specific comes shipped with a 2.5mm stroke, but with the spring give it has it is more than adequate throw. A 3mm stroke is available, but I can't see that being necessary on this machine. It lines and color packs great, I prefer to open up the give which also increases the stroke, for I believe that give is the secret to lining with rotaries. The drawback to me is that makes the Specific very loud with a long stroke, which some people like. It actually does sound, feel and hit like a coil which to those making the transition from coils will feel very comfortable with it. With the give screw tightened down the stroke is very short (great for black & gray) and it is very quiet while still keeping that coil spring give. One thing I have noticed is there is a good amount of bruising and bleeding with it which is similar to a coil and the healing is similar to a coil.

You also can't go wrong with the Dragonfly's. They are very light, quiet and the needle tensioner is great. I don't really care for the give system, which just seems to loosen the needle bar pin and it just seems to rattle around. I use just a slight give on the DF's

There is a bog down when you press on the give on the Specific exactly like a coil, but it doesn't lose force. I would love to use the Centri and compare the two, I will definitely add that to my collection in the future.

It all comes down to user preference. There isn't a 'one machine does all'. I've used every rotary on the market and I've settled down to my DF short stroke for lining (small groupings) & black and gray, the Specific for lining (large groupings) & color packing, and the Bizarre v2 and Vivace 4.2mm long stroke for color packing & blending. I hope this helps, ask me any questions you may have. I love machine talk and I love this forum for helping me as well
    Last edited by Tat2dPinoy; 09-13-2011 at 10:12 AM.