Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look at my machine this does the job properly you change the spring to determine how hard you want the machine to hit you change the voltage determine how quickly you want the machine hit. Each
    process works independently of each other so no matter how slow you run the machine it still hits with the same power. I don't allow you to change the throw by adjustment to do this you have to change the cam(2.5mm,3.5mm and 5.0mm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9so5-dYAEfg

This is the first video uploaded I will post some more with better sound and a close up. Voltage used were 3.8v - soft spring, 4.4vsoft -medium spring ,
    4.8v medium spring, 5.0v medium- hard spring and 5.8v hard spring.

2. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    Ok let me give some comparisons between the two now that I've had more time with them.

The Specific comes shipped with a 2.5mm stroke, but with the spring give it has it is more than adequate throw. A 3mm stroke is available, but I can't see that being necessary on this machine. It lines and color packs great, I prefer to open up the give which also increases the stroke, for I believe that give is the secret to lining with rotaries. The drawback to me is that makes the Specific very loud with a long stroke, which some people like. It actually does sound, feel and hit like a coil which to those making the transition from coils will feel very comfortable with it. With the give screw tightened down the stroke is very short (great for black & gray) and it is very quiet while still keeping that coil spring give. One thing I have noticed is there is a good amount of bruising and bleeding with it which is similar to a coil and the healing is similar to a coil.

You also can't go wrong with the Dragonfly's. They are very light, quiet and the needle tensioner is great. I don't really care for the give system, which just seems to loosen the needle bar pin and it just seems to rattle around. I use just a slight give on the DF's

There is a bog down when you press on the give on the Specific exactly like a coil, but it doesn't lose force. I would love to use the Centri and compare the two, I will definitely add that to my collection in the future.

It all comes down to user preference. There isn't a 'one machine does all'. I've used every rotary on the market and I've settled down to my DF short stroke for lining (small groupings) & black and gray, the Specific for lining (large groupings) & color packing, and the Bizarre v2 and Vivace 4.2mm long stroke for color packing & blending. I hope this helps, ask me any questions you may have. I love machine talk and I love this forum for helping me as well
    First of all,thank you for your nice machine reports !
    You saying :for I believe that give is the secret to lining with rotaries.
    I totaly agree !
    Since i use the "Whip" my linework gets better !
    I get my "Inkjecta" a couple of days ago and i will give it a first try tomorrow !
    Inkjecta says to turn the give skrew all the way down for linework,but that make no sence for me because they hit then too hard !
    The whip,inkjecta and the centri(witch i dont have) are the only rotary machine they work like a coil machine !
    The next days i can say more how i like the "Inkjecta",but yes its pretty loud for a rotray machine !

4. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't own any of these rotary's that use springs and adaptable parts that support the give to there strokes, so I was wondering how much wear and tear do these systems produce on the motor? Is the motor actually working harder as the springs get heavier or have more pressure against the rotating part on the axel of the motor? To me it still seems like all these machines have something banging or pressure being forced onto the rotation part on the motor. That would seem to cause more heat and threaten the life of the motor. Don't DC motors normaly die from being choked to death in a sense? Please correct me if I have it wrong. Kinda like driving with the e brake on or towing something heavy?
    Last edited by Cyberitual; 09-13-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might have a point with a conventional brushed motor but with Swiss motor this is not a factor that's why they cost so much I use motors from a company called Faulhaber and they assure me their motors are more than capable of doing the job. This is why most modern rotaries cost around 500 dollars as the motor alone can cost 100 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    You might have a point with a conventional brushed motor but with Swiss motor this is not a factor that's why they cost so much I use motors from a company called Faulhaber and they assure me their motors are more than capable of doing the job. This is why most modern rotaries cost around 500 dollars as the motor alone can cost 100 dollars.
    Faulhaber are top quality motors, some of the best around. Longer life too if they're used correctly.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faulhaber is what i use aswell but Brushless motors are just as fragile, The majority of there motors are made for robotics and designed to spin in both directions on a dime. Ive spoken to many of the techs there and they still suggest to not put alot of pressure down on or toward the side of the axel. But if it works it works. Just was curious...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    I don't own any of these rotary's that use springs and adaptable parts that support the give to there strokes, so I was wondering how much wear and tear do these systems produce on the motor? Is the motor actually working harder as the springs get heavier or have more pressure against the rotating part on the axel of the motor? To me it still seems like all these machines have something banging or pressure being forced onto the rotation part on the motor. That would seem to cause more heat and threaten the life of the motor. Don't DC motors normaly die from being choked to death in a sense? Please correct me if I have it wrong. Kinda like driving with the e brake on or towing something heavy?
    The Specific doesn't have a direct interaction between the give setup and the motor. The slider assembly is setup similar to the Neo Tat. The adjustable give assembly is contained within the slider assembly, as opposed to above it, therefore the give spring is at constant tension, and the tension isn't transferring into the motor. I believe this is the reason the Specific makes more noise than other rotary machines. Hopefully my explanation makes sense, if not I'll describe more or draw a diagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    it has arrived , woo hoo. all i can say is this thing rocks, i was kinda leary about all the reviews on the loudness of this machine ,and hoping my power supply was compatable . SCORE, for this being my first rotary, and a ton of research, my freedom2(not eagle2) works perfectly, the sound is perfect sofar , i havent opened it all the up yet , since it my day off from da studio ill have to wait till the wife gets home to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where inkjecta can be purchased in the u.k. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bez at Triplesix was selling the Inkjecta Specific at the London convention & the website says of 18th August they're getting them in soon: http://triplesixstudios.co.uk/