Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Anthon View Post
    anybody else have this problem yet? Was tightening down the vise and straight up snapped the side of the vise (body part of the machine, not the removal bit) clean in half! Lesson learned, tighten VERY gently and not very much! Think that's a warranty issue or am I left with a broken whip and my dick in my hand?
    You will be left with dick in hand most likely!
    they actually take very little pressure to make it hold as compared to a metal chuck.I wish they did make them out of alum thoe.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mold injection can be an affordable way to mass produce but if the design is not well engineered you are out of luck.
    Polymer is strong though but I think swash use some mild acetal.
    I think the vise, specifically, should have been reinforced with either some internal metal part or made out of aluminum and mounted somehow.

I saw the machine at Tattoo Jam, it looks nice but it would been dope if it was made out of aluminum.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    mold injection can be an affordable way to mass produce but if the design is not well engineered you are out of luck.
    Polymer is strong though but I think swash use some mild acetal.
    I think the vise, specifically, should have been reinforced with either some internal metal part or made out of aluminum and mounted somehow.

I saw the machine at Tattoo Jam, it looks nice but it would been dope if it was made out of aluminum.
    I'm with you it would be very nice if it were made out of metal of some sort
    VAGABOND JAY

4. Thanks john hansen thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Anthon View Post
    anybody else have this problem yet? Was tightening down the vise and straight up snapped the side of the vise (body part of the machine, not the removal bit) clean in half! Lesson learned, tighten VERY gently and not very much! Think that's a warranty issue or am I left with a broken whip and my dick in my hand?
    Mate .. can I ask who you have contacted about this because I have sure not seen an e-mail come across my desk about this issue. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] and we will sort out what needs to happen to resolve this .. We don't leave tattooist standing there with their dicks in their hands cause it is just not a good look.

I can assure everyone the design is quite robust and we test the shit out of them before we release them , the other thing is it is a very well designed clamp for a tattoo machine so remember that when you tighten it down ... it is not a head bolt on a V8 motor.

6. Thanks Alie K thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also did you get it through us direct or Unimax ... it doesn't make any difference to us because we stand behind the machines anyway ... just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gaston .. Tony here thanks for your opinion on the composite we use and the quality of our design

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEngbaek View Post
    i'll bet your not the first...hopefully warranty wont be a hassle...but i'll be honest, if thats not covered, i'll never buy a Swashdrive.
    Actually he is the first one to do this with The Whip ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreviltattoo View Post
    Same prob with the previous models. NOT COVERED! They will fix it though at ur cost. They have pics on their website to warn about this. I wont buy a plastic machine.
    Mate the only problem we have had is with heavy handed gorillas over tightening .. we have had this issue with a very few number of machines, when you compare it to how many are actually out there and being used as everyday work horses ... If you do have a link to the page you are talking about please send it to me as I would like to see it ... because it is not on our site and I can't find it on Unimax's site .... I am not saying its not out there just I cannot find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats some good info to know. Sorry to hear, but was contemplating on buying a whip, (now having 2nd thoughts) for what it cost it sure as hell should have some reliability as far as construction of the machine goes. Just sayin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TattoosbyShay View Post
    Wow thats some good info to know. Sorry to hear, but was contemplating on buying a whip, (now having 2nd thoughts) for what it cost it sure as hell should have some reliability as far as construction of the machine goes. Just sayin
    Mate did you not read the whole thread ... this is the first person to do this with a Whip, it was an extremely rare event with with the Gen series (the design was even changed back then to make it stronger again) & only ever happens when artists go all gorilla on the tube clamp ...... the tube clamp was designed to be secure, reliable and easy to use just like the rest of the machine ..... you don't need to tighten it down with a torque wrench.

And if you read above we have offered to fix it for him even though it is definitely NOT a warranty issue. or a machine flaw ... and as yet I have not heard from him ... how much more service can we offer.

As for what it is made of, old mate Gaston from Fallen Irons knows damn well it is not Acetal ... the Whip is in fact an engineered composite that is one of the strongest we can manufacture.

Anyway to C.Anthon .. mate, I have replied to your thread here, I have sent you a personal message, if you want your machine sorted then you contact me. I can't do much more than that.

13. Like TattoosbyShay liked this post.