Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Intuition Tattoo Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Video: Trying out the Intuition.

Hey Guys. Here is a short video I shot on my iPhone the other day when one of my friends wanted to try out the Intuition. She has always been a straight up coil user. However now she is looking at changing over. Since she talks a little bit about her thoughts on it, I thought I would post it here so you guys could check it out. She was running it at 11psi using a 9 curved mag. She also ran a 15 double stack mag with it as well. She hasnt ever used a rotary so thats a little disappointing. I can't wait to get this setup at some conventions so everyone can try it out first, and get their thoughts.http://youtu.be/IonMQwawfY0I'm also going to post these other two videos so everyone can check them out as well.1.*http://youtu.be/x8px-94nDm42.*http://youtu.be/cawaeMvz_h8

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, it doesn't sound like a dental drill and runs at low psi too!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    A pneumatic swashdrive with no give, Am I correct in describing this?

Post Thanks / Like
    love that one with the machine dropped in the water. I've seen that before.
    think I'll keep my compressor! the weblink in your sig isn't working.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChaos View Post
    love that one with the machine dropped in the water. I've seen that before.
    think I'll keep my compressor! the weblink in your sig isn't working.
    I think Etik posted a video like that on youtube a fair while back with their weird air driven coils Johnny.

Not sure what the issue is with the web link, it works fine for me in chrome and cometbird.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It barely has any sound. That's great. I like the shape. I was thinking of doing a vise similar to that one but I got some negative feedback about it. What do you think about the vise?
    The machine looks really solid and well built.
    Congrats
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    I think Etik posted a video like that on youtube a fair while back with their weird air driven coils Johnny.

Not sure what the issue is with the web link, it works fine for me in chrome and cometbird.
    works fine now. not sure what was up. and it was definitely this one I've seen. not seen the coils one tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone else impressed by the fact that she is tattooing in WHITE shorts? haha. Machine looks dope. Would you compare it to a swash in feel? Sick that you can just dunk it in matacide to clean it too.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Intuition Tattoo Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, I try to answer everyones questions.

It is like a pneumatic swash, however because it runs on a cushion of air, it has unlimited give. It also has an adjustable stroke and adjustable exhaust. I also removed the "shredding rubber nipples" issue that has plagued some "swash action" machines.

Thanks FKIrons! Personally I love the vice. I designed the vice to tighten in 1/4 turn (and it has worked with every tube so far). I also designed it to fit the curvature of most fingers, so it doesn't "bite" you when you try to tighten it. As far as the quality goes, I have upgraded everything, ceramic bearings, titanium axles, etc. I want the machine to last forever. However I also designed the machine, around parts that can be found at Ace Hardware. Any part I didn't manufacture can be found at either Ace Hardware or a local RC Shop... "Why" (I have been asked a lot)...because if an O-ring goes bad, you loose a screw, have bearing go out, you will be able to replace the part on your way to work. You wont have to send the machine back to me (while loosing money not tattooing) waiting for me to get around to fixing it. I have never like the idea of a company selling me something...that ends up breaking, and then they want to make money off me... selling me replacement parts... they sold me to begin with!!!

How would I compare it to a Swashdrive? Well it really feels like a super light and gentle swashdrive with unlimited give, plenty of power when you want it and more overall control over my shading and color layering. I can feel attributes of coil, rotary and pneumatic machines. It can be the lightest "hitting" machine, or as hard hitting as rotary's. I feel like it fills solid color a lot faster, with less effort than my other Pneumatic machines. It also has better penetration than my pneumatic machines. It lines effortlessly, and just by "rubbing" the needles on the skin you can get the softest layered blends, like a coil. It really is something you have to tattoo with to feel the difference. However if you read the User Guide that I will post on the website, it contains sections for those of you that have used coils, rotarys and pneumatic machines. Ill have a DVD to help out also.

10. Thanks The Limey thanked for this post.
    Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am on the waiting list! happy happy joy joy!
    I notice you use a lot of large rounds ,do they work well with the new machine with a scrubbing motion?
    Last edited by slicksteel; 08-13-2011 at 02:42 AM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing