Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got done doing a memorial on an old friend from school. I lined it with my new Workhorse rotary(0807RL) and shaded and colored it with my new Vivace 3.5. (1009RM). I wish tattooing was this easy 20 years ago. I have always told people that I have never had a rotary that lined well but I have to change my story now. The Workhorse lined beautifully at about 4.5v with a little needle hang. Shading and coloring with the Vivace at about 10.5v was great to. I think I was running my stuff too slow before and need to rethink rotaries all together now. Anyways I am stoked on the Workhorse rotary and will be calling Soba tomorrow to tell him thanks again. I will post the pic when I get home. I stopped for a cold one one the way home and am on my phone now.

[Edit]--->Here is the picture. I am well aware of a couple shaky lines at the bottom, it was her first tattoo and got much better as we progressed. Not looking for a critique just showing what an old guy that only tattoos a few times a month did with his new toys.

memorial.jpg
    Last edited by Tat2nu; 09-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, I'm looking into getting one myself, by the looks of it the lining is pretty consitant and not too much trama..maybe because of the 'give' system? Is it really noisy? How was the weight?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydijital View Post
    Nice work, I'm looking into getting one myself, by the looks of it the lining is pretty consitant and not too much trama..maybe because of the 'give' system? Is it really noisy? How was the weight?
    Thanks, it is definitely noisier than most rotaries but I reduced a lot of it by adjusting some of the slop out with the screw on the rear. I actually prefer that it makes some sound when it is running. Then it is not such an unexpected shock when tattooing an area that the client can not see. I design seems to get its only give from the play in the moving components. That graphite rod really does not seem to flex at all if you ask me. I do not hang a mile of needle out of the tube but I also try not to ride the tube. Just watching the tips of the needles doing their work and adjusting when needed. It weighs next to nothing if you ask me, comparable to any rotary out there. Looking to get a few more done with it in the next week or two and then I might be able to give a more solid review.