Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rapier 2 lube?

Post Thanks / Like

rapier 2 lube?

i have 2 rapier 's that i got from Carey...awesome machines...
    i was told not to lube them cause of the material was used...my machine kept getting a lil louder , and louder..almost sounded like a coil( almost)
    one of them would seem to be a tad weak.

so i bit the bullet...i used a touch of lube, from my dragonfly..lubed it like i would my dragonfly also...
    its like a new Machine now..its as quiet as dragonfly and hyperV2 ..and feels so strong...i can even run it at a lower voltage, not that lower voltage matters...but you notice a change when you adjust the power.. i know i'm not really putting in words what i mean...its just better.
    when i used to have Neuma Hybrids..i was told the same thing..no lube...i cleaned them ,lubed them... it was like a new machine , and very consistent .

Now if this machine had any warranty it might be void, now...but the machine is so awesome now..chances are i wouldnt send it in for repairs, any ways ..i'd just buy a new machine .

Post Thanks / Like
    So has anyone else had to lube their rapier 2, mine seems to need it or it seems ad if it would run smoother if I lubed it.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by slicksteel; 02-05-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: more enfo

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEngbaek View Post
    i have 2 rapier 's that i got from Carey...awesome machines...
    i was told not to lube them cause of the material was used...my machine kept getting a lil louder , and louder..almost sounded like a coil( almost)
    one of them would seem to be a tad weak.

so i bit the bullet...i used a touch of lube, from my dragonfly..lubed it like i would my dragonfly also...
    its like a new Machine now..its as quiet as dragonfly and hyperV2 ..and feels so strong...i can even run it at a lower voltage, not that lower voltage matters...but you notice a change when you adjust the power.. i know i'm not really putting in words what i mean...its just better.
    when i used to have Neuma Hybrids..i was told the same thing..no lube...i cleaned them ,lubed them... it was like a new machine , and very consistent .

Now if this machine had any warranty it might be void, now...but the machine is so awesome now..chances are i wouldnt send it in for repairs, any ways ..i'd just buy a new machine .
    throwing away a machine and buy a new one... dude... you got such a shitty attitude. sorry just my opinion.

i bought an older rapier II a couple of days ago and i thought it was running like shit. the motor changed the speed it was loud the whole machine was vibrating not consistent at all... i was also told that i shouldnt lube it but i did add a little super lube and after 10 minutes the machine ran just perfect... still does...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a rapier on eBay and I was asking Cary about it. ( I need to add that I think mine is a rapier I ) I asked him about lube and he said that if the slide is a yellow material it needs lube and if it is brown it doesn't. Just thought I should add that in. Don't know if it helps or if it only applies to the rapier I

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh he also mentioned new slides are only 20$ so if yours has a lot if wear get a new slide, much cheaper than a new machine ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, my slide is an amber color...good idea I am getting a treasure chest spring set soon, I should see about him throwing in a new slide for my rapier 2...I am personally going to lube mine , it is making more noise than when I first got it new and I don't see how some superlube can hurt it much.
    Thanks slicksteel that helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    still have the original rapiers 2's from when i started this thread.....still awesome work horses.
    highly recommend them to anyone..
    BTW i'd just buy new ones cause its a tax write off,and it helps support smaller independent builders make a living.
    after a year of constant use, these machines have made thousands of dollars, but at the same time...now that i know i could just buy the parts, i'd probably order the parts also...
    Carey is still one of the BEST guy's i've ever dealt with, and thats why i just bought a New Treasure Chest

Post Thanks / Like
    They are by far my favorite machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    my favorite also and i have many different brands.