Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    thought youd like an old builders opinion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZ_D...layer_embedded

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    Almost every pre fab needle is manufactered in China no matter which supplier... Its impossible to get them soldered packed sterilized in Europe, Canada whereever besides China for such a cheap price. Some suppliers tell(!) that they send their own needles to China and get them made and send back from there. I think most of em just get their own logo and company name on the needles. Some productions are better than others but its all from China.
    I'm with wildboy on this one, nearly all the similarly priced needles are made in china, same for disposable tubes. I can't see how something made in America would automatically be of better quality, especially since the cost of manufacture would be significantly higher. I would imagine the higher priced needles are, like workhorse and their $35 boxes.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Friends and Loyal Customers,
    It has just been brought to our attention that a Chinese manufacturer, "Cherry Tattoo & Body Jewelry Supply" have attempted to copy our entire website. In an effort to do so, they have copied our entire front end, creative design, backgrounds, layers, links and photography to make their site look and feel like ours.
    We want to make it VERY CLEAR to everyone: We have absolutely NOTHING to do with this site or this manufacturer. They are not associated with us at all. They are not our "Asian counterpart".
    Obviously, we have spent an enormous amount of time and resources to get our site to the place where it is now, so to have it copied by a manufacturer who is selling knocked-off versions of our own equipment - as well as those of other reputable suppliers and distributors - is being received as a direct attack on our company and our industry. We will be taking action to put a stop to this infringement.
    DO NOT BE FOOLED by "Cherry Tattoo & Body Jewelry Supply". They clearly have NO integrity as a business if they can copy an entire website and pass it off as their own. How much integrity do you think they have with their product, or their safety standards, or their customer service? We think the answer is already clear.
    Do the right thing - please forward this to everyone you know and put a stop to grey-market manufacturers who don't care about quality - only how much money they can make off of our industry.
    Thanks for your continued support!
    Your Eikon Team

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deakon View Post
    I'm with wildboy on this one, nearly all the similarly priced needles are made in china, same for disposable tubes. I can't see how something made in America would automatically be of better quality, especially since the cost of manufacture would be significantly higher. I would imagine the higher priced needles are, like workhorse and their $35 boxes.
    If I had to manufacture here in the states you would be looking at prices around $100/box for needles. Trust me I have looked into it. I am willing to bet there is nobody selling any volume of needles that are made here for less than $2.00/ea. There are very few artists that would be willing to spend that and most of them already have someone in their area who does it for them or still make their own.

[edit]---> I hope that did not sound like I was bashing Workhorse because I really like and respect BJ and what he is doing. Hell, I even dropped $400 with him for one of his red rotary's at the Paradise show. I was just giving my honest opinion based on information that I have.
    Last edited by Tat2nu; 09-23-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    needlejig how do you go about doing quality control on your product as they are made far from you? give us insight on this part of the needle process.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you that I spec out the materials used, pin diameter, pin taper, grouping configurations and soldering characteristics and if at any time the product does not fall within my specs I do not have to pay for it and it is replaced as soon as possible by my factory. The exact manner in which I accomplish this is somewhat proprietary but I can tell you that I pay more because I demand more. That is also why I sell for more than some of the volume/profit based suppliers.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a sad truth but most everything these days is made in China. Even most of Eikons products are produced there as well. If you look on their needle boxes it says in plain English "made in China". I get a good chuckle from some of the Chinese suppliers and how they like to copy machines. On the fake Eikon website I found 4 of my machines in their machine lists that have been copied from me. I see them all the time on Chinese suppliers sites and Ebay. It's not like I make anything basic like some builders do...I make everything one of a kind and sculpted different so it's very easy for me to see the copies of my machines. To date I have found 7 different machine copies from my original machines and I'm sure there are way more than that. The strange thing is they were machines I made around 7 years ago that were on my website back then. I've attached the "copies" they did from my originals.
    copy1.jpgcopy2.jpgcopy3.jpgcopy4.jpg

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    it looks like there stealth copy, the "import motor" looks very similar to the one used in the actual swiss machine, this site is madness, 20 tubes for 4 bucks?? ripping off the hawk like wtf , someone has to order that thing and tear it apart n post pics !

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to order one of these to see how close it worked like my hawk and hen pulled out my order.. the company emailed me alot and answered my questioned but i wondered if they were gonna ship it at all they even took a pic of it without the cheyenne c on the top of the machine.. my thougt was they were taking pics of a real hawk and not shipiing anything afte payment.. has anyone tried one of these?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they wait for awhile because they figure you made your money of it,forgot about it and will not do anything about it. If built those and seen them for sell on ebay i would have them pulled.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing