Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivace

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Mike Metaxa, RotaryWorks and Neotat all use the same brand of motor just not the same type. If your motor is a 6 volt it will usually run faster at much lower volts and a 12 volt needs more juice for the same operation. There are advantages and disadvantages to both but usually the choice is made by the builder marrying the drive system and the motor type for the best results over all.
    is there a link to your work? I caint find it if there is.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do the tech work on the forum and built this place from the ground up. I am not here for any other reason then to keep the lights on and the direction of the forum moving. If you have questions about my credentials shoot me a PM

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    well i didnt need your credentials i just wanted to see your work and if your a tattooer , It is next to imposable to talk tattoos or machines if your not. so dont take in the wrong way i just seen you post on alot stuff on tattoos and machines and thought you were a tattooer, nothing more....

Post Thanks / Like
    i got my hell city vivace finally after a long wait! and i must say it is soo much lighter to me people say its not i feel a difference, maybe with the way its shaped the weight is evenly distributed but i bought a 3.5 and i use it for lining it hits one solid line in or u can do line sculpting. i def think u should at least buy 1 or 2 alie and try them out b4 u get rid of ur old neos they are the shiiiii tho lol

Post Thanks / Like
    the vivace is so sick!!! i got the 3.5 stoke and it work so good for color portraits and realism. great saturation as well. good job Ray!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered the Vivace from Needlejig and its on backorder for a few weeks. I'm dying to get to use it though!

Post Thanks / Like
    got mine the other day.... runs great ,.without a needle set up in it......does NOT work at all with the t-tech set up....clicks but does not move.... put a normal set up in it, and it ran for a few minutes, then every other time I went to push my foot switch, it did NOTHING....had to keep unplugging and replugging in the machine to get it to run..... using a critical cx-1 power supply.... any suggestions so I don't have to send this thing back? NEVER had a problemwith any of my old Neo-tats......got the 3.5 motor, and a 4.2mm motor.....switched out the motors, and the 4.2 will NOT run at all in the machine.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTrashMatt View Post
    got mine the other day.... runs great ,.without a needle set up in it......does NOT work at all with the t-tech set up....clicks but does not move.... put a normal set up in it, and it ran for a few minutes, then every other time I went to push my foot switch, it did NOTHING....had to keep unplugging and replugging in the machine to get it to run..... using a critical cx-1 power supply.... any suggestions so I don't have to send this thing back? NEVER had a problemwith any of my old Neo-tats......got the 3.5 motor, and a 4.2mm motor.....switched out the motors, and the 4.2 will NOT run at all in the machine.
    Friction is probably the enemy here especially as you are having major issues with the 4.2mm longer stroke;

You need a little more juice in the voltage department to run T-Techs vs a regular needle set up but as you have regular Neo-tats I'm sure you've cranked that up already so, if that didn't fix it; clean the slide and contact areas and re-lube them with Superlube oil not grease and you should be set.

My 3.5mm Neo-tat wouldn't run with T-techs either but after a quick chat with Ray this was his solution and it worked fine.

Worth a try if nothing else.
    Last edited by The Limey; 09-19-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to Ray last night.. He's gonna get it taken care of with some new springs. I never had a problem with their machines, nor their service, was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, but as always, they're on their game, and getting the problem fixed.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTrashMatt View Post
    Talked to Ray last night.. He's gonna get it taken care of with some new springs. I never had a problem with their machines, nor their service, was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, but as always, they're on their game, and getting the problem fixed.
    Troubleshooting info on here is always good. It helps others if they have the same issue to know the fix is pretty simple. In your case the fix was a quick phone call.