Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    no worries mate , I wasn't expecting one .

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Id like a t shirt and i dont mind paying....as luck would have it ive just traded my long stroke dragonfly for a treasure chest...hmmmm im sooooo looking forward to using that baby...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone wants a shirt they are free just pay the shipping and I will send one out asap. I have all sizes and they come in black silk sreen color or I have some that are in color that are being printed now.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedpirate2 View Post
    Springs are being made right now they will be ready in about 2 weeks.
    Whats the spring set all about Cary????....and is it ok to run the TC without a spring(As one forum member had good results with no spring)...i got my Tc today and its very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took the spring out and used a soft piece of silicone hose 3mm in it's place. Got it from the hobby shop, i got two kinds from them. With this I'm able to take out most give and have a lot of give. Not sure if taking I out hurts it by hat sounds pretty crazy, might have to try that. Cory should chime in on this

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I suppose this is the best place to post this. I got a treasure chest from Throwhammers with an estimated less than 8 hours of use and have since put a minimum of 8 hours on it. Now yesterday a strange thing happened. I had been running it long stroke and had switched to medium stroke. Everything was going well running as it had been since I had it. I had done some black shading and was switching to color. All of the sudden the machine sped up. Maybe 20% faster, to exactly where I had always wished it was. I had been running my voltage high near 11volts. Now I was able to come down to high 9s. So after this long explanation my very basic question is " does this machine have a break in period?" it ran great before but now it is a monster. Still quiet no different noise just faster. I ran some outlines today and I was lining as fast or faster than with coils.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    prob had to break in cary makes his stuff with precision high tolerances so their is no slop.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I was thinking.. I just have never heard anyone mention it with this machine..

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed Cary a link to the thread so you should hear from him as soon as he hits his keyboard.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Treasure Chest Break In

Yes fellows there is a break in period to this machine. If you have one after several hours you should take the piston out and wipe it off. There may be some dust from the break in that can slow the machine down. Also when you change the stroke length to the shorter stroke the machine will gain rpms just like a 10 speed bike. The closer the axis on the crank to center the faster the rpm, the further from center is much slower. Hence you want to use the 3.5 mm stroke for lining which is pretty quick at 9-10 volts and really fast at 11-12 volts. 12volts-8,000 rpms. When I chose the motor I looked at the rpms of the Rapier II motor which is up around 14,000 rpms @ 12 volts. Which is way to fast for tattooing and using the machine at 8 volts the Rapier II is running at 6-7000 rpms. I felt more torque less rpms the motor will last longer and push bigger needles. Any furthe questions email me at [email protected] Cary

11. Thanks Administrator thanked for this post.