Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elbo shoot me an email and I will get you a spring set out to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    So the maximum safe voltage is? I was afraid to go over 11?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, i just took apart my treasure chest to clean the piston. There was some "break in dust" that i cleaned up and DAMN, after i reassembled the machine it ran MUCH better, i mean, it ran good to begin with, but maybe a tid bit slower then i would like. After cleaning it any issue i had with the machine was solved, it squeaked a little bit, but not now. It seems to run faster, harder and smoother then before. Total time to do this was less then 5 mins ( and i had no idea what i was doing really) it was very easy and now i feel more educated about the machine. Dont be timid to do this, just pay close attention to how tight everything was screwed down so you can replicate it. (nothing was very tight, just tight enough) honestly i was considering selling the machine, thinking maybe it just wasint everything i hoped it would be. But no, im definatly not now.

Post Thanks / Like
    @ owl, ive never run it above 11 max, and that was mostly to get more speed for lining and using larger magnums. After cleaning it out i imagine i wouldint want to run it past 10 now, tops. Defiantly take apart the piston mechanism and clean it off, if it hasint been done yet then im pretty damn sure it will be beneficial.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    they seem to have a break in a re lube period to get them going great.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    wait.. i thought i read these wernt supposed to be lubed ? there definatly wasint any lube in there when i took it apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah min snapped in to perfection yesterday and I will eventually take it apart and clean it but it is running so much better. I did some small cherries today on the nape. Lined with the neo tat and colored with the treasure chest. I have never liked tattooing the nape as it is always a pain. Today the color flew in the chest beasted some color. I am loving my rotaries.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea i just read the paperwork cary gave me, it says use of oil based lubrication will cause the machine to malfunction, and doesint say anything else in regards to lube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats funny you say that owl, ive never liked tattooing the nape of the neck either but for some reason using rotarys has completely changed that, it was just as easy as any other "easy" body part. I wonder what the deal there is ? i mean, i can still use my coils to get the job done easyer and faster in every way, generally.But for some damn reason certain areas of the body, nape being one of them, are much easyer with rotarys. ( neotats and treasure chest so far)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure that this is a lube free machine.