Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Treasure Chest by Tattooed Pirate

Okay, so it;s been two days since i received my Treasure chest machine built by The Tattooed Pirate. right away i was really pleased with the machine, doesn't hurt that i got a free t-shirt with it! the construction is amazing, it was really hard to believe that someone designed and built the machine, real pro-quality! So the first tattoo i used it on was re-working some tribal forearm bands. nothing to intense, i used a 7liner with a disposable tube. It lined very well. I was able to line as if i was using a coil machine, usually i have to be super careful with rotarys and lining, but with the TC i was able to bear down and line like a madman! it also helped that its the lightest machine i own and that was a super benefit when i was lining. long lines wrapping around the forearm were very easily performed, then i did a skull b+g but hard a hard time shading with it, seemed to fill good but still to hard for soft shading.

so today i did two shaded pieces with it, except i changed to stroke length to the shortest setting, which i also have to comment on the great workmanship on the bearing of this machine, it has 3 different stroke length settings, really cool how he made it very easy to change. then i removed the "give" spring, which seemed to open the "give" completely, i was very happy when i did this, although i must say im excited for Cary to release this spring pack so i can try even more settings, but so far with that spring out the machine shaded(and i cant express this enough) exactly the way i was wanting a rotary shader!!! it worked great, i used a 15 mag and it was great and i used a 5 flat needle on some small feathers and it was perfect, im so excited to use it more this way, taking the spring out may not be recommended by Cary, i didn't think to ask, i just started exploring the options of this machine, oh and one that thing, the vice! the vice or chuck on this machine is a superb quality, ill upload pics soon, thanks for reading!
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    what stroke length did you have it on for lining? i just got mine earlier today so i havent had a chance to play with it ..but damn i agree with everything you just said describing its construction and quality!

Post Thanks / Like
    i believe it was the 3.2 stroke(mid). ive run it on a few different volts setting as as well, trying to find the best, i run all my neotats at 10v.
    Sarenity Tattoo. 4350 24thAve. Ste.802, Mailbox 119. Fort Gratiot, MI 48059. (810)385-2222 www.SarenityTattoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    what voltage did you find best for lining ?
    I got mine today and manage to tryit out on 3 small tattoos the first being a long curly girly butterfly design on a inner calf ,I lined the lot with a tight 5 @9 volts but reckon I could push it maybe another .5-1.0 volt . I also cloured the same tattoo but with only a 5rs @10volts .
    The 2nd tattoo was roman numerals on the side of the neck ,A good test I thought, tight 5 again. the tc again lined pretty well. though I did have the urge to up the volts abit .
    all have been on mid stroke setting havn't yet tried varying the throw as yet . I want to have a little play with the voltages and stokes but maybe where I got a bigger tattoo where I can hide mistakes .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    what voltage did you find best for lining ?
    I got mine today and manage to tryit out on 3 small tattoos the first being a long curly girly butterfly design on a inner calf ,I lined the lot with a tight 5 @9 volts but reckon I could push it maybe another .5-1.0 volt . I also cloured the same tattoo but with only a 5rs @10volts .
    The 2nd tattoo was roman numerals on the side of the neck ,A good test I thought, tight 5 again. the tc again lined pretty well. though I did have the urge to up the volts abit .
    all have been on mid stroke setting havn't yet tried varying the throw as yet . I want to have a little play with the voltages and stokes but maybe where I got a bigger tattoo where I can hide mistakes .
    i used 8-10volts for the tattoos, slowly trying the machine out one volt at a time, but now that ive messed with it a bit i keep it on 10volts all the time just like my neotats, seems to be the best speed that works for me.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you guys post some close up pics of the machine and maybe make a vid of it in action

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Springs are being made right now they will be ready in about 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had another go with it today , I lined another peice today ,a sacred heart with angel wings .I ws able to experiment a little and found I could line nicely @around 11 volts. little bit pissed off though as I didn't get a tshirt with mine. lol.
    will try and get a pic ,but my usual camera crapped out today,will have to knick my daughters camera tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I agree with the quality - nice workmanship, well balanced too.
    I've got mine set on the shortest stroke and use for black & gray - running around 8 - 9 volts. It's made my gray shading so much smoother.
    I'm gonna order another very soon set for colouring. Still use the rapier for lining as I really get on well with that.

I never had a shirt either lol.

One other guy in our studio who uses hyper v2's tried it and he wants one now too.

Nice work Cary - a real success

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about t shirts going overseas, its $16.00 to ship a $12.00 shirt so its not cost effective for you guys to pay the extra shipping for a free shirt. I'm working on some decals and bumper stickers for overseas. But if you see me at any of the US conventions and own one of my machines let me know and I will give you a free shirt.