Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont knock it till you try it its all in experimental fun people knock off each others machines for long ass time now yeah its a fuckin shame but everyone bitchs all day long "oh the chinese copied my shit but it aint gonna stop how many peeps got stealths? i do....i just dont agree with 3-700 dollar machines paying for a fucking name i dunno bout you but i like money and i dont like to give it away if i can mix and match and modify for 1/4 of the price while the machine operates the same why not...cheer up pussycat gimme a smile....shit chop cut rebuild is a lifestyle rat rods rat bikes same principle as i wanna do you negative nancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Swiss motor does not indicate if anything is a good motor for tattooing and putting something expensive in a shitty motor housing will not make it better.
    Why is that? So yur saying that after replacing the motor and anything else it would just be a Swiss with a shitty case?
    Vonshaggy

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines possessed2sk8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is just a lot more to a machine than the brand of motor and just because it looks the same doesn't mean geometry and other important factors are correct.

4. Thanks Administrator thanked for this post.
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vonshaggy View Post
    Why is that? So yur saying that after replacing the motor and anything else it would just be a Swiss with a shitty case?
    Maxon, fauhlber or any of the other "small motor" manufacturers that are owned by a European company literally make a thousand different motors and at least a few dozen that have the same shell but are very different in operation the only consistent thing is that they all spin. sorting out the right motor to complement the unique drive system being used is what will make the biggest difference.

I can appreciate eagerness to tinker and to buy something cheap and modify it for fun, profit or just your own sceintific curiosity, but its kinda like buying a 25$ coil machine on ebay and installing a pair of $50 Ciferri coils and saying it runs like a dream!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of those..I bought it just out of curiosity. I don't like it for the way it tattoos...it runs like a swiss..but smoother and quieter..which is awesome, if you like the way those operate. the motor is a minute factor in how smooth the machine is. it's more in geometry and dimensional tolerances.

My armature rotaries are $300+, and I spend all day on them, and run them for a week to work out any kinks. How much do you charge on a tattoo that you spend a week toying with and then tattooing it all day?

some folks can respect that at least.. others are totally happy with the "Roleks" over the "Rolex" ya know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Maxon, fauhlber or any of the other "small motor" manufacturers that are owned by a European company literally make a thousand different motors and at least a few dozen that have the same shell but are very different in operation the only consistent thing is that they all spin. sorting out the right motor to complement the unique drive system being used is what will make the biggest difference.

I can appreciate eagerness to tinker and to buy something cheap and modify it for fun, profit or just your own sceintific curiosity, but its kinda like buying a 25$ coil machine on ebay and installing a pair of $50 Ciferri coils and saying it runs like a dream!

Oh i totally agree. Crap is crap. I'm just trying to learn all the aspects of the rotary (the in's and out's) I would rather spend the money on a good machine than to buy a cheap one and mod it. Me being new to the rotary. I was just courious about the comment on swapping out parts between the good and the bad. I don't agree charging almost 600 USD for machines because of the name. Good is good and no taking that away but charging your first born for a michine is rediculous. Some of my best custom machines don't cost that much. Meh what are you gonna do though.
    One of the guys i work with just bought a dragonfly and says its fantastic. He said he had a lil trouble packing in color but was smooth in shading. I so what one but there around 537 USD. That and a bishop would be great.
    Vonshaggy