Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are right about the r.shaders michael,and about the video don t know,i consider that i still have a lot to learn in both areas, but hey , thanks for the nice words anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the no-give rotarys personally...I switched to rotary because i wanted a very consistent machine that didn't need tinkering with. I get exactly that with the neo-tat. I think once you start adding all of the extra features to control hit strength etc. you kind of go back to the whole tinkering approach to get the machine to match your tattooing...which may or may not reinforce any bad habits we've developed over time. The neo-tat has no adjustment other than the voltage on your power unit....this lets me forget about the machine and focus completely on actual technical application of the tattoo...this is a good thing to me...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tcoe13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joshua, have you used the "Hawk" yet? I've just recently purchased one and I could see you getting the feel for it really fast. Just a thought.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like machines with no give too. In fact I wish the give wasn't a must these days! lol
    You can always reverse the effect and use your skin as give, less hand pressure, more feel for the skin. I think where is when light rotaries come to play. The steadier the machine, the more feel you get for the skin.
    This is a general comment not directed to you Josh, there is nothing I can teach you!
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoe13 View Post
    Hey Joshua, have you used the "Hawk" yet? I've just recently purchased one and I could see you getting the feel for it really fast. Just a thought.
    I have used it once and really like it, I have actually been thinking about trying it again. I take forever to set up. It would be nice to set up so quickly! I just remember the magnums being caught up on the tip guides, Hopefully they have fixed this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCarlton View Post
    I have used it once and really like it, I have actually been thinking about trying it again. I take forever to set up. It would be nice to set up so quickly! I just remember the magnums being caught up on the tip guides, Hopefully they have fixed this.
    i haven't had that issue and i've been using the hell out of it, seems like that issue may have been resolved. i know the hawk people don't like this but I can tell you that the t-tech needle cartridges are pretty nice compared to the "cheyenne" brand. in some instances they're even better. For the price, the quality difference isn't really obvious at least not where it counts, needles have all looked precise and worked beautifully.
    For what it's worth I highly recommend it. It really does cut down on set up time and it's so sweet to be able to have so many "machines" set up (via cartridges) without all the bulk and mess of multiple machines. feel like the cartridge system is the wave of the future, man it's sweet.
    Ok, now i'm sounding like a salesman, i'm going to shut it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoe13 View Post
    i haven't had that issue and i've been using the hell out of it, seems like that issue may have been resolved. i know the hawk people don't like this but I can tell you that the t-tech needle cartridges are pretty nice compared to the "cheyenne" brand. in some instances they're even better. For the price, the quality difference isn't really obvious at least not where it counts, needles have all looked precise and worked beautifully.
    For what it's worth I highly recommend it. It really does cut down on set up time and it's so sweet to be able to have so many "machines" set up (via cartridges) without all the bulk and mess of multiple machines. feel like the cartridge system is the wave of the future, man it's sweet.
    Ok, now i'm sounding like a salesman, i'm going to shut it now.
    Exactly,since i switch to t-tech system i use almost only my Rotary Works ali machine !
    It looks like my other machines will collect dust :-(

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if I used t tech in say a bishop machine if it run just like the hawk. seems logical.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCarlton View Post
    I wonder if I used t tech in say a bishop machine if it run just like the hawk. seems logical.
    Don't have a Bishop but the Neotat is pretty similar and you just need to up the voltage a little to compensate for the extra drag/friction caused by the T-Tech system...
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCarlton;16723]I wonder if I used t tech in say a bishop machine if it run just like the hawk. seems logical.[/QUOTEYou know it does seem like it would. I know the hawk people claim their motor is precisely geared and tuned to run a certain way. If that is true then there would/could be a difference. I'd bargain it's a heck of a slight difference though if at all. Hell it's worth a try, with t-tech you can't lose.