Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tcoe13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    Exactly,since i switch to t-tech system i use almost only my Rotary Works ali machine !It looks like my other machines will collect dust :-(
    Amen to that brother! Man I love t-tech.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Neos and Stealth with TTech.No real difference to the Hawk/Spirit.The Hawk is very light of course, so weight/balance issues are more of a factor.I prefer using the heavy ttech grips with red rat covers as it puts a nice weight right in your hand and against the skin.I find the hawk too light.As Limey says, you need to add a volt or two to compensate for the extra resistance of the ttech cartridges.The ttech imho is best with Direct Drives or hard hitters with no give (or very little).Given the Bishop is similar to the Neos, i would bet that it would be a great combo.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I think I will give it a shot. Why would there be more resistance with the ttech vs the hawk? same drive system isn't it? a plunger simply pushes the cartrage spring shaft.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCarlton View Post
    Thanks guys, I think I will give it a shot. Why would there be more resistance with the ttech vs the hawk? same drive system isn't it? a plunger simply pushes the cartrage spring shaft.
    http://unimaxsupply.com/tatmch/1hawkwarning.htm

O
    nly posting this link because it shows the two systems dissected. This is in no way a dis to ttech or its users.

Post Thanks / Like
    if using ttech (or hawk cartridges) you will need more volts compared to running a standard needle.For example 9rl needle on a LS Neo i use around 9.5 volts.Ttech 9rl cartridge on LS Neo i use 11 volts.I have found that the hawk cartridges are "stiffer" and therefore need maybe an extra quarter volt compared to the ttech.I have also found that ttech liners are aligned better ( no side to side movement)How much of an issue is the non sealed ttechs?If you autoclave your grips/needle bars what is the problem.Ttech cartridges are sterilized.Cheyenne should stop scare mongering and reduce the prices of their cartridges.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I am not concerned about the Hawk (Membrane) I would rather buy an actual grip I can autoclave. Thanks for the info Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446 they got cartridges 50 for about $30 lol wonder if they got the membrane can't imagine 1/5 of the price of the hawk being quality.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuruJeph View Post
    http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446 they got cartridges 50 for about $30 lol wonder if they got the membrane can't imagine 1/5 of the price of the hawk being quality.
    That company went as far as knocking off Eikon's website not just many of their products. Would be cautious of ordering those tips as they could be a big failure. The T-Tech can be argued that its a knock off of the Hawk system but it has at least proven its self. Loads of happy T-tech users on here.

Yeah I am not concerned about the Hawk (Membrane) I would rather buy an actual grip I can autoclave. Thanks for the info Dave.
    T-Tech sells a complete system with a few diameters of steel grip and tail. I know a few artists personally that have switched to using steel T-Tech grips and still "soak-scrub-sonic-clave" the grip and tail. They all seem happy with it cutting the "soak-scrub-sonic-clave" time considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    if using ttech (or hawk cartridges) you will need more volts compared to running a standard needle.For example 9rl needle on a LS Neo i use around 9.5 volts.Ttech 9rl cartridge on LS Neo i use 11 volts.I have found that the hawk cartridges are "stiffer" and therefore need maybe an extra quarter volt compared to the ttech.I have also found that ttech liners are aligned better ( no side to side movement)How much of an issue is the non sealed ttechs?If you autoclave your grips/needle bars what is the problem.Ttech cartridges are sterilized.Cheyenne should stop scare mongering and reduce the prices of their cartridges.
    On a side note there where reports of people having trouble with linear machines with the T-Tech system and needing to up the volts some to accommodate the added resistance of the rubber band in the ttech. The solution appears to have been addressed by Both NeoTat and Bishop, swapping for a softer spring (the little return spring under the glide) and also making sure your glide has been maintained and correctly lubricated. This may not be an issue for the whip but it may also mean you want to use a harder setting on the clips to accommodate.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Administrator;16793]That company went as far as knocking off Eikon's website not just many of their products. Would be cautious of ordering those tips as they could be a big failure. The T-Tech can be argued that its a knock off of the Hawk system but it has at least proven its self. Loads of happy T-tech users on here.

Fatcashdaddy got his Chinese hawk in and has pic of the Chinese needles for it. says they look top notch. hmmm
    http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...-hawk-in-today

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question for you guys. I have really wanted to try the t techs but my shop has gone all disposable and we have no autoclave any more. No piercings at my shop which I dig, just not my thing. Any ways do you guys feel that using the metal grips bagged and wiping with madacide between appointments is enough?