Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    When set to 0 and the soft bar on with a med weight, this machine is great for driving in white or black, just like a powerfull long stoke coil.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    different dampening systems yield different results. I'm sure the whole plastic dampening has something to do with it.
    a minute bit of dampening can give great results.. too much can definitely be a detriment.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, all. Just wanted to post that Samyo, contacted me about this post and offered to send me a hard clip, I have already traded the machine but just wanted to let everyone know how helpful and professional he was. Thanks man.-J

Post Thanks / Like
    i used the whip now for 2 weeks but still not liking it. lining is terrible and shading pffff if i use my darkest shading ink it still looks like it's soooooo light. what am i doing wrong or is it just not my machinetype............

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried swashdrives but not this one. I also think that rotaries should be as simple as they could be, as i want to step away from the maintenance of coils.
    And like others, the more give the machine has, the harder i try to run it, so not much point really.
    In general I would say that when i first got my stigma hyper, I had to relearn how to saturate and all, slow down my hand movement quite drastically, adopt more a cross hatching motion than rubbing etc ... a whole new experience.
    Then I switched back to coils, (i kept lining with) for the shadings, and all this time learning movements, motions, hand speed, stroke etc ... when translated to the coils worked like a charme.
    It was like starting all over again, very exiting ! So i would say that rotaries definitely improved my tattooing even my tattooing with coils

Post Thanks / Like
    fuck give hammer that shit home

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoo4satan View Post
    since using my neo tats for almost evrything for a while. but recentlystarted using my coils again and loving it, and im 100% better with them now. i guess cause i had to learn new techniques to use my neotats. probally the techniques i should of beeen using all along

Same here, i might sell my rapiers, one of my whips a DF and a few more cause im going back to coils for now. I went back and its so much easier to get it in fast and i can make any machine do what i want very easily. I never had problems with coils but it was even better after using only rotarys for a while. I would advise buying some FKI AL machines as it will help with the weight factor on the wrist so the sound is the only problem left, tuning is not an issue to me at all cause i was taught to master the machine inside and out and i enjoy playing around with coils. A thick rubber grip takes some of the vib out also.

Also the whip can hit harder buy using the soft clip on 0 or hard on 0 and throwing the whip weights( they sell ) on the machine. I have the weights and they make a big difference on the hit. It wacks it in real nice that way and works better then just a hard bar IMO. I have not even tried the heavier weight yet but im sure that will be even harder. I have no problems packing with the whip or getting a solid hit but the stroke does get pretty long but thats not an issue to me. I do use smaller mags as it puts ink in much better then a 15 mag unless im looking for smooth shading on a big area which the whip can do anyway. I use 7-9 mags to put ink in fast and easily

Im suprised no one brought up the weights to solve carltons problem but i see this is a real old thread. I just wanted to help people out who may be reading this and having the same issue as carlton now days. Whip is a good machine and i like that if it drops there wont be a million parts all over the place like other rotarys, solid machine point blank.

Sorry to bump an old thread but users are reading this as i speak and i think its disrespectful to the builder if i dont chime in and bring people up to date since i use the machine. The machine hits hard with the weights and they can be bought as of today.
    Last edited by Neo; 09-22-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Same here, i might sell my rapiers, one of my whips a DF and a few more cause im going back to coils for now. I went back and its so much easier to get it in fast and i can make any machine do what i want very easily. I never had problems with coils but it was even better after using only rotarys for a while. I would advise buying some FKI AL machines as it will help with the weight factor on the wrist so the sound is the only problem left, tuning is not an issue to me at all cause i was taught to master the machine inside and out and i enjoy playing around with coils. A thick rubber grip takes some of the vib out also.

Also the whip can hit harder buy using the soft clip on 0 or hard on 0 and throwing the whip weights( they sell ) on the machine. I have the weights and they make a big difference on the hit. It wacks it in real nice that way and works better then just a hard bar IMO. I have not even tried the heavier weight yet but im sure that will be even harder. I have no problems packing with the whip or getting a solid hit but the stroke does get pretty long but thats not an issue to me. I do use smaller mags as it puts ink in much better then a 15 mag unless im looking for smooth shading on a big area which the whip can do anyway. I use 7-9 mags to put ink in fast and easily

Im suprised no one brought up the weights to solve carltons problem but i see this is a real old thread. I just wanted to help people out who may be reading this and having the same issue as carlton now days. Whip is a good machine and i like that if it drops there wont be a million parts all over the place like other rotarys, solid machine point blank.

Sorry to bump an old thread but users are reading this as i speak and i think its disrespectful to the builder if i dont chime in and bring people up to date since i use the machine. The machine hits hard with the weights and they can be bought as of today.
    bang on neo just seen this thread and was going to suggest the weights as the whip and modified stealth is all i use right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I also own a whip and find it really nice for round shader needles.what i noticed that rotaryes with give are very round shader friendly,and when it comes to magnums i like just a small amount of give or no give at all
    Totally agree..I had gotten to the point where I rarely used any rounds for shading or even coloring small areas anymore, but the Spektra with a turn out on the give will drop in some serious pigment.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SWASHDRIVE GEN 6 and 7 was some of the best ROTARY ever, everybody like and still ask for them
    WHY THIS PEOPLE STOP PRODUCE AND MOVE TO SOME DIFFERENT WAY ????