Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

? about rebuilding a crap rotary

First I would like to say Hi this is my first post on the website and I just started looking around and have found a wealth of info, I would like to thank everyone who has supported to that.

As for my question, I haven't used a Chinese crap rotary but I have used stigmas and neumas for years. Without disrespecting any of the machine builders out there. I was wondering if anyone has bought a Chinese rotary and replaced the motor for a better one. Does it compare? For instance if you replaced the motor from the Stealth with a much better one like a MAXON or a FAULHABER, would it run close to the $400 Swiss that it is knocking off? Personally I would like to buy that crap mantis on ebay with the "adjustable give "and replace the motor for fun. Just to see if I can own a decent running rotary for under a bill.

Thanks
    Last edited by GuruJeph; 09-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    from what I understand the mantis has no give only adjustable stroke length.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    "The Rotary Machine provides you with the "give" adjustment which can adjust the softness of the hit on its full linear shaft system." they might not even know what they are talking about haha

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol just read some of the coil machine descriptions by the china seller! lol alot of times they just copy and paste other machines enfo.

"4. Coil using the latest technology, ten high quality laps of solenoid valve
    5. Stable bouncing, strong rear magnetic
    6. Unwarming for long time using"

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    lol just read some of the coil machine descriptions by the china seller! lol alot of times they just copy and paste other machines enfo.

7. $5 sucky sucky

Post Thanks / Like
    so many write the same title phrases too like "low pitched" or "top rotary" wtf is low pitched?

Post Thanks / Like
    Fancy meeting you here Jeth! Welcome to the forum! I own a chinese stealth knockoff knockoff that has a better motor and bearing in it (and converted to RCA). I was using specifically as a liner and it was wonderful. Got it off ebay from a guy called Dirty's Designs or something like that. I just switched to the Hawk and haven't been using it at all. Ps. I am moving to Illinois so now I am selling the shop! It was a good little place and I will miss it!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loads of good builders on here that will sell you a machine that is not likely to disappoint you.

The motor in that machine is probably the least of your worries. The bearings and other moving components will likely fail on you in short time. That said if you buy one to tinker and it still manages to make you enough coin to buy something better go for it just remember to put away the money for your upgrade when it does finally give up the ghost.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post

Wow Point 4 killed me! I'm literally ROFL! where did they get that description from, from a car, a machine, a pump ? lol
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buying that junk made by some turd that doesn't understand a singlet thing about tattooing or care about the industry is pretty bad. There are a bunch of good affordable machines in the market. Support the people that keep pushing the industry to get better.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

11. Like Dan-tattoo, turnrock liked this post.