Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoe13 View Post
    Thanks a ton. Just checked it out, HOPE those cartridges are for real and made well too. A lot of stuff seems way under priced on their (or should I say Eikon's) site. wow, copying as the ultimate form of flattery taken a bit far on this one!
    Nah fatcashdaddy didn't get them from that cherry site, my mistake. Didn't know hawk had so many knock off vendors haha. I think most these companies cases it's greed that gets their product knocked off. They send their product to china to save on the cheap labor, then are all pissed when they just copy the product. that cherry site does have one's that look like the hawk style black with clear tips. The straight clear ones are coming from a different source. IMO the all clear ones look dope plus I'd imagine they would be better to see if you rinsed all the ink out while changing colors.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcashdaddy View Post
    I didn't get this from that ************** site (i believe they are a bogus company).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoe13 View Post
    Thanks a ton. Just checked it out, HOPE those cartridges are for real and made well too. A lot of stuff seems way under priced on their (or should I say Eikon's) site. wow, copying as the ultimate form of flattery taken a bit far on this one!
    buyer beware, all the images on that site are stolen, nothing is theirs.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tcoe13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    buyer beware, all the images on that site are stolen, nothing is theirs.
    Thanks, thought that might be the case. seemed too good to be true and you know how that turns out.

4. Like fkirons liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, here is an early review of the "Chawk" (chinese hawk, lol)....the machine runs good. it is alot like my hawk except its not as quiet. I did 2 tattoo's with it today and I didn't like lining with it (but i didn't like lining with my hawk either)..it seems to me that its a short stroke machine. I generally like 3.5mm or longer strokes but I kept getting snags with this machine. I set it at my usual depth and it was just snagging like crazy. I reset the depth at the shallowest the grip would allow and turned up the voltage ( i was originally running it around 8 volts ) to 11volts.. it stopped most of the snags but still hung up a couple of times....I then changed to a mag and colored.. it colored real nice..I was very happy with it as a shader...

I only have 5rl, 8rs, and 15rm cartridges so I only got to use the 5rl cartridge today (i used T-tech mag cartridges for the shading and a 14rs )

the 5rl cartridge was nice but the grouping was very tight. that works for me as I usually do smaller tattoo's. the 15rm, although i didn't use one I did check it out some. the width of the 15rm needles was narrower than the tip shovel so the needles have a tendency to waver side to side and make a bit of a noise. the 8rs were shit....they aren't even soldered, just stuck in the casing (see picture)..I hope that was a onetime oversight mistake (i'm going to chalk it up to rushing it to production)...I ordered more cartridges in various sizes (1,3,5,7,9 liners and 7,9,11 mags) and I'll scrutinize them when they arrive.. I guess the jury is still out on these cartridges but for right now I say ok for the 5rl, no to the 15rm (i rarely use them anyway) and a big OH MY GOD to the 8rs (lol)
    8rs.jpg

6. Like electricdrago liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcashdaddy View Post
    I have a hawk and several other machines that I run the T-tech system on...If your running a t-tech system on any machine other than the cheyenne hawk, the rubber grommet/sleeve is not that big a deal. you can remove and clean and sterilize your T-tech tubes like any other tube...It is however a great big deal if you use a hawk machine..the leakage that occurs in the T-tech cartridge, and yes, I've had that happen to me, will destroy..let me repeat, DESTROY the hawk handgrip depth adjustment.. I've gone through 2 hawk grips in less than 3 months and i have a friend who uses T-tech's on his spirit and he's gone through 2 grips in less than 3 months..Its not so much the ink that is a problem, most ink is too thick to leak back into the grip..the devil is washing out your tips between colors. its water leaking back into the grip that corrodes and ultimately ruins a hawk grip
    Once again for the price they charge for those grips you should be getting the highest grade of seamless stainless steel on the market-of course they want them to fail so you have to spend hundreds of dollers for new ones and have to keep buying there way over prices carts!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Once again for the price they charge for those grips you should be getting the highest grade of seamless stainless steel on the market-of course they want them to fail so you have to spend hundreds of dollers for new ones and have to keep buying there way over prices carts!
    i agree with you on the price and they should be stainless. I was talking to a friend who owns a spirit and talks to both konrad and wes (from unimax) and apparently they have been replacing grips when they go bad (at least they are for this guy)..he took 2 grips back to unimax and they replaced them for free..he also has a box that he puts any hawk cartridges that are hooked or have any problems in and when the box gets filled with 10 cartridges, he takes them to unimax and they replace them with a box of any size hawk cartridges he wants for free... the grip problem is getting so bad that unimax says Never sterilize your hawk grip and they have a disclaimer that if you use T-tech's you void your warantee and they won't replace the grip..my friend bought that stuff zap uses (and boris shows in the video) and used it on his newest grip (which is having problems already) and he said it didn't work for him, his grip completely locked up after using that stuff....(zap should teach a course in hawk grip cleaning,lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    (zap should teach a course in hawk grip cleaning,lol)

Hahahahhaha,maybe :-)
    Yes,i forget you can see it in the video witch i get when i bought the hawk !
    I find it also on youtube :
    http://youtu.be/9vlQqtneI2Y
    Check it at minute:9:29
    I clean it the same way,brush it (no ultrasonic ),dry it and autoclave them. Finish !
    No problem !
    Last edited by Zapp; 10-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a question...does anyone in here actually make their own needles? I've just never found anyone that makes a needle (consistently) as well as I do, so I've never used premades.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to make them before all the sterile premades were around then they started selling premade grouped heads then i went that way then they started selling needles grouped on bars but not sterile then i went that way(had to still clean,bag and sterilize them thoe) then completes came along and I was in heaven! lol Flux was killing me due to my asthma!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    how much was that thing?

I sure am glad I don't rely on my machine building to pay my bills.. If so, I'd be too worried the Chinese would rip off my design and sell them for pennies on the dollar.
    I think they only rip off that space age looking stuff though..so I think I'm safe.