I got a chinese copy of the hawk kit (power supply,footswitch,machine, grip and cords). I haven't had a chance to try it out but my earliest review is this:

its definately a copy, not as well made as a real hawk. the body of the machine is well made (they said it has an imported motor made in sweden but who knows) and pretty damn close to the hawk and the machine runs as silent as the hawk. the drive bar is a bit different, it has what looks like a delrin end as opposed to the steel bearing end on the hawk. the hand piece is far inferior to the hawks. i was real dissappointed in its construction, but it works....
the cartridges are a different story, I haven't used one yet but the construction is topnotch..its almost identical to hawk cartridges except the whole housing is clear. I ran a cartridge in one of my t-tech machines and its nice...
I'll get to use the machine tomorrow and can give a better judgement of the needle cartridge and machine....

the power supply is a direct copy of the hawks..it even says cheyenne on it and has the "made in germany" sticker on it. I've never used a hawk power supply before but from what I've seen, this thing fooled me, it looks like the real thing...

kit.jpgmachine.jpgcartridges.jpg