Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a chinese hawk in today

I got a chinese copy of the hawk kit (power supply,footswitch,machine, grip and cords). I haven't had a chance to try it out but my earliest review is this:

its definately a copy, not as well made as a real hawk. the body of the machine is well made (they said it has an imported motor made in sweden but who knows) and pretty damn close to the hawk and the machine runs as silent as the hawk. the drive bar is a bit different, it has what looks like a delrin end as opposed to the steel bearing end on the hawk. the hand piece is far inferior to the hawks. i was real dissappointed in its construction, but it works....
    the cartridges are a different story, I haven't used one yet but the construction is topnotch..its almost identical to hawk cartridges except the whole housing is clear. I ran a cartridge in one of my t-tech machines and its nice...
    I'll get to use the machine tomorrow and can give a better judgement of the needle cartridge and machine....

the power supply is a direct copy of the hawks..it even says cheyenne on it and has the "made in germany" sticker on it. I've never used a hawk power supply before but from what I've seen, this thing fooled me, it looks like the real thing...

kit.jpgmachine.jpgcartridges.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    thats crazy man it looks identical to the hawk, which website did u use? and how much were there catridges?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tcoe13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very interested in your opinion as well. Looking forward to hearing what you think and info on where to get the cartridges.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a grip? Is can used like a original ?

5. Like fkirons liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcoe13 View Post
    I am very interested in your opinion as well. Looking forward to hearing what you think and info on where to get the cartridges.
    I think he got em from cherry tattoo. the needles are $30 for 50 of em. damn thats cheap
    http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=446

Post Thanks / Like
    so do you need that footswitch to run it or can you use a Critical?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm impressed 60 cents a needle makes these usable

9. Like TattoosByRob liked this post.
    Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - those curved tips look really curved - like...too curved. Maybe it's just the photo.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    have you ever used mithra needles are super curved and still work fine

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricksonart.com View Post
    have you ever used mithra needles are super curved and still work fine

Hey, to each their own. Thank goodness there are a plethora of suppliers out there, but I think I've voiced my opinion of Mithra Canada on here before. Between short-dated needles (a box they wouldn't accept a return on that expired in one month from when I got it), twisted round liners, and countless other needle letdowns, I wouldn't touch them again with a 10 foot cattle prod.

I'm going to end it here so as not to completely derail this thread (though in my experiences, Mithra Canada is getting to be a Chinese junk dealer as well). Then again, that's only my opinion. Other people may have had other experiences.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?