Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dan...don't sigh relief just yet. If they think people are buying them they will rip it off to make money for themselves. The machines they have ripped off me were not the ones I would have picked to "mass-produce" so you just never know. I scan Ebay from time to time to see if they've ganked more of my styles so if I see any copies of yours I'll let you know

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To each its own. But buying knock offs will encourage more disgusting companies to rip off good ideas. If there is a demand of people buying knock offs, china will go bananas and rip off, dragonfly, stigma, HM, spectra, and any good machine you invent.. I've been working for almost 2 years on my machine trying to make it as best as possible. I am not excluded from being ripped off but imagine if you were a builder, that has done all the hard work, that has had invested lots of dollars and that had spent many nights without sleep, and one day you join this forum to find out that some members just go with the knock off version of your hard work because it's just cheaper... Where is integrity and respect for the trade?
    I would be destroyed and frustrated to know that all my hard work means nothing to some people and the times where people respected originality are over.

All they need to do to make an exact copy is to obtain an original model and reverse engineer it from there. Look at Rolex, Gucci bags, etc, you can't even tell which one is fake and which one is not.
    We need to stop giving china so much power and the only way to do it is to support the originator of the invention.
    My 2 cents
    Last edited by fkirons; 10-08-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    well Said! Here's a thought though..which you are not a part of..But what about Companies that use China to build there products and put their Name all over it, and sell it as a legit Brand name..i wont use any Tattoo examples out of respect that might be wrong on a Particular Brand, but i'm sure it happens....not unlike "Nike" for instance ..although thats Malaysia not china.
    you can buy Knock off Nike shoes from China..Both made 3rd world, same quality. Its fine Line of Ethics.
    I personally dont have any Chinese knock offs. but if a something landed in my lap for free, I'd give it a fair test drive, before i called it Crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEngbaek View Post
    well Said! Here's a thought though..which you are not a part of..But what about Companies that use China to build there products and put their Name all over it, and sell it as a legit Brand name..i wont use any Tattoo examples out of respect that might be wrong on a Particular Brand, but i'm sure it happens....not unlike "Nike" for instance ..although thats Malaysia not china.
    you can buy Knock off Nike shoes from China..Both made 3rd world, same quality. Its fine Line of Ethics.
    I personally dont have any Chinese knock offs. but if a something landed in my lap for free, I'd give it a fair test drive, before i called it Crap.
    The problem is not manufacturing in china, Malaysia, Japan, etc.
    The problem are the companies that steal without giving a crap how much a person work to take the product to it's final stage.

I do not know of any american company that manufactures needle, and if there it was one, their needles would be outrageous.
    There is cheap and good quality products made in china. There are companies that respect intellectual property and there are companies that don't give a rat $hit about
    who they are copying.
    We gave so much power to china that they have better technology than we do now. For certain production aspects we have no choice, just for the simple fact that they can do it better.

Perhaps, this subject touches me personally because I am currently a victim of my machines being copied and sold on ebay, worldwide tattoo, and many other sites for pennies.
    they are even claiming that I make them for them unbranded and misleading customers! these companies just don't care about the industry, they don't do anything to make it better, they just sink down the guy that cares while they are fooling you and making you part of their game.

I started in my garage like many others, and it took me a long way to bring the product to where it is now. People may like it or not,
    But for a company to come a snatch your hard work and whore out to product, it really hurts, and makes you want to do stupid things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to hear the feedback from Joshua Carlton, Centri, Rotar, Stigma, Hawk, Aaron Cain, Mickey Sharpz, John Clark, and the many builders that made out of the machine making a Science and their living.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    I would love to hear the feedback from Joshua Carlton, Centri, Rotar, Stigma, Hawk, Aaron Cain, Mickey Sharpz, John Clark, and the many builders that made out of the machine making a Science and their living.
    i would like to ask a question here,,,mickey sharpz for one and many other machine builders that you would consider your equal, do copies of rodgers,walker, coleman ,zeis and other old machines, why is it acceptable for them to rip off these designs but not when they're made by companies in the far east?

Post Thanks / Like
    Companies in the far east dont give a damn about the tattoo industry and they dont respect our forefathers of tattooing... micky sharpz and the other machine builders go way back and treat the craft of tattooing and its history with respect thats the main difference. Money should stay within the industry and people who really care about it not some greedy company from the far east or any other place in the world that just wants to make money...

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand why anyone who is tattooing for a living would buy a cheap chinese machine on ebay, I dont know anyone who does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
    Companies in the far east dont give a damn about the tattoo industry and they dont respect our forefathers of tattooing... micky sharpz and the other machine builders go way back and treat the craft of tattooing and its history with respect thats the main difference. Money should stay within the industry and people who really care about it not some greedy company from the far east or any other place in the world that just wants to make money...
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    ? didnt the chinse pretty much invent and master tattooing . i work n hattiesburg ms. been tattooing 18 years.i have a dan kubin springer.used micky sharps 11 years.i have bougth manny of thoes copys .the first 2 r from T C M worldwide tattoo direct drive.i put up my mickys havent used them 5 years, i have tried a little of everything out their
    even the the new springer rotary ! it doesnt work the way made it spring is in the wrong place.a hack saw and a spring on that rear screw tada works like a dream.hope i dont make any1 made 2 many people tattooing out the house here they all want cheep.I WISH I HAD THE MONEY 2 GET THE INKJETA been eyen that 1 .but second little girl due n jan. and build n a house. but if there r ? about some of the nockoffs be glad 2 tell yall. rayjeffus@F B