Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    got mine today..I have 2 appt.'s later, I'll give it a whirl then

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcashdaddy View Post
    got mine today..I have 2 appt.'s later, I'll give it a whirl then
    Cool Thom, look forward to hearing your review... in fact I might even call ya to get it LOL!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    limey you think your waiting lol,,, a few ppl got there machine so waiting to see what they think.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merky View Post
    limey you think your waiting lol,,, a few ppl got there machine so waiting to see what they think.
    Yeah I bet Merky, you managed to get this out onto the market pretty fast too so you must be on tenterhooks waiting for some feedback!

Biggest selling point for me mate is that the motor is in the housing and not at a right angle. Sadly I was blessed with gorilla hands and the Hawk is just plain uncomfortable for me to hold.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

5. Like MatFink, merky liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    limey the marksman boudy width is 1.34 , I got meat hooks too limey so dont feel bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a chance to use the marksman and i must say I'm impressed. there are some things i really like about it and there are some things I wasn't crazy about. But overall I really like the machine. The things I really liked were it performance, it tattoo's really well and there is absolutely no vibration at all. My dragonfly felt like a jack hammer compared to this machine. It very comfortable in my hand. I tattooed with it for 3 hours yesterday and when I was done it felt like I hadn't even picked up a machine yet that day..

what I'm not crazy about it the size. I know merky said he wanted to put a little weight in the machine and he has meat hooks for hands. I do not have meat hooks and would have liked the machine to be a bit thinner in diameter. 1.34" is a little beefy for my liking. I would love it if he could scale the handpiece down to 3/4" to 7/8".. this way I could put a disposable grip cover on it and it would lighten the machine a bit.. having said that, the machine still felt very good in my hand and was a pleasure to tattoo with...

I also wasn't crazy about the depth adjustment. its a bit of a pain in the ass if your using the machine for both lining and shading because you have to change the depth between liner cartridge and shading cartridge. And without knowing exactly where you are in your adjustment, you have to kind of guess and use a bit of trial and error to get it where you want. If your just using it for lining or shading, then its no biggie, you just set the depth and leave it alone...but when I used it for both, it was a bit awkward sitting there, pulling out a allen wrench in front of the customer and fiddling with the machine...

again, I really liked the machine, the upsides far outweighed the downsides (i LOVE the absence of vibration in this machine)...merky, you made a good one!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you man, Im glad you liked it, and thank you for a full review i need the good and the bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    i really want one of these... maybe after the new year, been following it on here and looks like a really cool machine

10. Like merky liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    men i dont know if was this i wen on you tube and a saw the machine and i like it nice clean and very icy to work with

12. Like merky liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    devo'd i didn't get mine before chrissy, mad jealous, haha.