Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got my German Evolution. pics w/ my mods

Super stoked today just got it in. It was much smaller then I was expecting which was a pleasant surprise. So far I added a RCA hookup. Dremaled the needle holding screw so I wouldn't have to cut the ends of my needles. I also switched out the thumbscrew and the needle holding screw end cap with metal ones I had from other machines. I'll post reviews as soon as I get a chance to use it. My fiancee grabbed it from me and she's tattooing herself I might have to buy another one now hahah.

photo (14).jpgphoto (13).jpg
    Last edited by GuruJeph; 10-05-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: That donkey looked at me funny

Post Thanks / Like
    kinda looks like the doorknob from Alice in wonderland now

alice-with-doorknob-3.jpg

3. Like otto liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got it ok Jeph. Hope you like it!
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.

Post Thanks / Like
    let me know what you think.. ill be placing an order shortly.. might make a couple mods of my own

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a similar RCA mod. Its kind of a rock in a hard place on that one. My wire is funky but the rca Is flush. You wire is flush but the rca is funky. This machine needs a serious over haul. I can't believe they actually put it out like this. Sucks cause its a great machine in terms of application.
    Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 9.56.02 PM.jpg

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonertattoos View Post
    This machine needs a serious over haul. I can't believe they actually put it out like this.
    What do you think needs seriously overhauling?

Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven't gotten a chance to use it but it's a pretty dope looking machine. figure it's the first model and things can always be changed and upgraded as the company grows. personally I like the simplicity. from what I gathered cosmetically and messing with it so far. it does need to be made more practical, I don't see everyone who buys one dremaling down the screw and cutting the loops off needles is not a solution. I like the way the bishop and neotat use a clip maybe work along those lines. they should be equipped with rca. Also it would be nice if all the parts were the aluminum or some sorta light weight metal.
    Guru Tattoo Studio
    Quality Custom Adornment for your Body & Soul.

Post Thanks / Like
    The main thing is cutting off the eye loop is wack. They need to just cut the slit for us and maybe make the screw a little larger in diameter . The second thing is that no RCA is a deal breaker for most of us. I got this machine in a trade but would have never considered it because it has no RCA. Its a great machine for tattoos but I hardly use it cause its such a pain in the ass to set up.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used mine every day for the past 6 months and don't have a problem with cutting the loop off. I did cut one a slit into one of mine, but found taking the nut off completely more of a pain the cutting the loop off. We will contact the builder and see what we can do, and I will definitely look into the RCA issue.

The main thing is that these machines are super simple and sell at a decent pricepoint. The more upgrades, the higher the cost of production (I would imagine) and so a higher price for the final product. The evolutions retail at half the price of a neo tat and a third of the price of a stigma! We could talk to the builder about producing a "deluxe" model maybe. I'll see what we can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Id pay any extra 25 bucks for them to add an rca (3 dollars for them im sure) . Upgrades are obviously a need on this. I mean mine came with a ziptie. How budget is that?