Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Urgent - Neo Tat Micro Jack issues

Hi folks,

I have 2 Neo tats which are my daily drivers.
    Yesterday I started to have both machines stop and start on me intermittently.
    It appears as though the micro jack plug is loose and causing lose of power when i jiggle the machine whilst working.
    Not sure if the actual jack plug (male bit) has got worn (it is only 6months old(
    Or if the female connection inside the machine is loose.
    Anyone have a similar experience.
    Anyone no how to fix?
    Not happy considering both machines are less than 6 months old.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Dave

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have more then one cable? I have a friend that had the issue off and on, stubborn and would just complain about it and say he needs to order a clipord back as he thought he had worn out his female connector (only tossing in the complain part cause I know he reads the forum). In his case it was literally his cable after I picked him up a cable from an electronics junk depot and the issue was solved. On occasion there is also a little pin inside the female jack that has come a little loose and only requires it be bent just a hair back. If this is happening to two machines you may want to look for a cable locally if you can. It just needs to be 1/8th mono to 1/4 mono jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Admin,
    I will try your suggestions.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck! I think Ray and Karen are away for the Alberta bound convention so the workshop is probably on a skeleton crew and they will be a few days to get back to emails I am sure. Are the majority of your other machines clip cord RCA or mini jack?

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave, It is most likely the cable and not the machine because I use a very dependable double contact connector in the machine. I can get you a replacement cable when we get back......just get with me after the 17th.
    Yeah, I'm in Canada right now heading toward the Alberta Bound convention in Calgary.
    -Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea its got to be the cable. I have gone through 3 cables, the ones that come with the Neo. I actually went to radio shack and bought a heavier duty cable.

Post Thanks / Like
    the micro jack just sucks. clip cord is the way to go. was going to radio shack 3-4 times a month to get new ones (only $5.00 there) so started building my own. actually converting all of them to clip cords now.
    Chris "Flaco" Flach
    Chosen Art Tattoo
    Glendale AZ 85308
    623-866-8514

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used my Neo almost daily for a whole year...I'm only on my second 1/8" cable...It lasts longer than an Eikon silicone clip-cord for damn sure...Just make sure you don't crimp or pinch the cable so there aren't any tiny internal severs in the wire...
    INSTAGRAM
    @invertedpixel

www.inkandpistons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    its always at the jack. have had all four of mine there and its been the exact same issue for the THREE years of daily use. appreciate it.
    Chris "Flaco" Flach
    Chosen Art Tattoo
    Glendale AZ 85308
    623-866-8514

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does seem like clipcords can last longer as i Think they were made to be taken off/on all the time-I do like the microjack thoe becasue of size/weight but I do notice problems sometimes with cords -also rca can do this two if the two dont fit snug.
    DiamondDave I would say it prob the cables to as both machines are doing it.Also check PS etc.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 01-16-2012 at 10:44 AM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing