Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hated the blitz very loud with a lot of vibration when you get it up to the listed working volts and reallllllly slow.Also the back clipcord lugs would not even scew on flush as it has some soldered tabs coming direct from the motor on that wont set flush against the frame.hopefully this one is better.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    slicksteel, i hope to hell you are a very good tattooer, cause on here (which maynot be a reflection of of your personality) but you think you know everything, always negative. since when did tattooers HATE machine because it isnt silent. people are one to a stupid level with this rotary rennaisance. i like coils, thank god. I cant hang this technical nerdness.

Post Thanks / Like
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    slicksteel, i hope to hell you are a very good tattooer, cause on here (which maynot be a reflection of of your personality) but you think you know everything, always negative. since when did tattooers HATE machine because it isnt silent. people are one to a stupid level with this rotary rennaisance. i like coils, thank god. I cant hang this technical nerdness.
    http://www.wix.com/evanstattooing/1 take a look yourself grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    been doing this for 15 years and the last 3 of them with rotaries. by far the best machine ive ever used..it seems effortless at what ever the case is from lining to the lightest gray wash..need 3 more in my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flaco, I love this machine. i had of course heard of SHAG (BUILT), but a friend and very good tattooer told me how good shags coil machines where. i am a coil guy. but i am at a point where i am pretty much not "experimenting" with coils. i know what builder i can count on and i have lots of different machines from a select few builders. but i got a workhorse rotary, kind of an impulse buy, i used it for about a month, on maybe 6 tattoos. never lined with it. when i talked to shag about him making the first d-20's whatever colors i wanted, and i saw that it had a slide similar to the neo-tat which i was leaning towards, i just love the quality of the d20. It works great for putting in color, blending, i used it for heavy mag use for 3 hours with no break and it didnt even heat up at all, it has extremely great engineering qualities, and he did exactly what i wanted color wise. I think that this rotary will do just fine as my only one (with the exception of some $20 chinese toys ive found that actually work great for filling in large fields of black...i use coils, and d-20 at this point......but i am nobody. definitely my opinion reflects only me, as im not in a position to speak for the industry). and as for slicksteel, he needs to practice instead of coming on here talking about whats what...

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    I hated the blitz very loud with a lot of vibration when you get it up to the listed working volts and reallllllly slow.Also the back clipcord lugs would not even scew on flush as it has some soldered tabs coming direct from the motor on that wont set flush against the frame.hopefully this one is better.
    I agree that the Blitz is a slow machine. I didn't like it to line with for that reason. When I spoke to John Ondo when I first got it, he had told me that 5.5 or 6 was pretty average for voltage, and that at 7v, I'd be "cookin". I would mainly use it for slow, large, solid color fields and maybe some peppery whip shading. I enjoy it as an "Americana machine". I didn't seem to have the problems you did with the clipcord lugs, though. Perhaps the Blitz was a good practice run for the d20 collaboration with Shag?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    and as for slicksteel, he needs to practice instead of coming on here talking about whats what...
    Firstly Grey, something I do not tolerate on my forum is trash talk of other members. Especially those who have put much more time into this industry, as well as this forum. My hope is that everyone can be respectful of each other and their opinions.

Secondly, if you really don't want to be a part of the "stupid level" of this "rotary renaissance" because you are a coil guy, you don't have to post here, on a forum that is hugely dedicated to the appreciation, craftsmanship and use of rotary machines. Right now, this is a free forum. I don't charge a fee to be here. If you don't like it, it's not going to cost you anything to leave.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, So much ego, so much talk, not a lot of good work. lol It's hard to keep to myself, but I do it, out of respect to this site.
    Keep on, Keepin on!
    www.porvidacs.com
    Con Safos

Post Thanks / Like
    heres my babyphoto 1.jpg
    Chris "Flaco" Flach
    Chosen Art Tattoo
    Glendale AZ 85308
    623-866-8514