Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCO VESCOVI View Post
    Those questions are very good and worthy of a detailed answer. First I would say I am more catering to the folks that have developed a need for the coil-like hit although I am accustomed to the more direct hit just because I have pushed thru the learning process and enjoying all the benefits that adjustable's don't offer such as speed and healing times cut in half.

I think the fact that its already adjusted to a certain soft hit makes this idea groundbreaking because soo many folks have had issues of not remembering where the setting was for a peerticular tattoo when going for a new tattoo and therefore can get lost in all that. this way I am able to offer a softer hit and at the same time allowing the cushion-like hit not to change and therfore pick up a valuable feeling that doesnt change on you and trick/confuse your mind. this is more important than people realize when it comes to rotaries and I feel at that point there isnt anything else a rotary machine would need.

I will also say that an adjustable rotary user most of the time leaves it at a certain setting that they grow to like and the reason I think from talking to so many people is that those machines are either too soft one way or too hard the opposite way so the middleground is where most set them to and that is where my new slide will be set at permanently.

I think that this slide will be great for black n grey and I will know as soon as I get em next week and do full report. After all, I still have alot to learn but look forward to the hands on experience I will give it and hope it can help change the game.
    Just recently, I was able to watch your DVD on portraits. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the video. You are definitely blessed to teach while demonstrating your techniques. By far, this was one of the most informative and inspiring videos I have ever seen.

Within the video, you made mention that you prefer to line with coils because of the rotary's extreme hit. Do you still line with coils? Do you think that this soft-hit version of the machine will allow you to make the switch to lining with a rotary?

Maybe this question should be in the techniques section of the forum, but I figure I can kill two birds with one stone. I am a little curious at the speeds/voltages you run your machines at. I currently have a neo-tat vivace that I just recently got my hands on. I picked this up because of the no give hit (and because the Capo isn't out yet... I want dibs on one once they release). I have been experimenting with various speeds for color, black and gray, and for lining. What works for you in each of these categories, if you don't mind my asking?

And just saying, my mind is STILL blown at how the cognac glass was shaded with a friggin liner! Seriously, I wanna be like you when i grow up!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiarrheaSuitcase View Post
    And just saying, my mind is STILL blown at how the cognac glass was shaded with a friggin liner! Seriously, I wanna be like you when i grow up!!
    You should see the Lion's head Franco did on the back of a guy's hand, and it was all single needle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh shit ! I just punch a old one from tatsoul!

Post Thanks / Like
    any updates on these? i Want it soooo bad!!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok so whats the word franco! last i heard the final product was being finished up mid febuary now march 2nd , i need my capo! dying to use this thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just pre ordered mine! Now just waiting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    guess iŽll buy two...4.2 and 3.5.

Post Thanks / Like

Bishop motor

Hey man my name is Carson i work for Mario Barth at King Ink, I have 3 bishop machines and pulled one apart to convert to a clipchord from RCA. that i got it off another artist here. And it has a motor "made in Malasia" on it. It doesnt run as smooth as the others were you guys using different motors for a while than the Swiss Maxon ones? If so is there any way i can buy a swiss motor off you. I have never heard of a foreign bishop copy everything seems the same minus the etchings and designs but the motor isnt as good as the other two i have and i paid alot for it and would like to have it running as good as the others. Thanks

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    does it say maubuchi on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates? I'm still waiting to here something?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?snf3jy