Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    The Capo looks so sick! I know that you will have a crap-ton of demand and that you're prob stocking up on product before you go live with the Capo, but any estimations on when they might be available for sale?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiarrheaSuitcase View Post
    The Capo looks so sick! I know that you will have a crap-ton of demand and that you're prob stocking up on product before you go live with the Capo, but any estimations on when they might be available for sale?
    Good call, This is exactly what I am doing to make sure I don't get behind. I also have been working on a new optional "slide" for the machine that has a built in softer hit that ISNT adjustable (as many of you know I am against) but it hits about 30% softer with a built in spring drive system that is capped off. Really kool stuff and never been done before and will be sold per request as I will have the direct hit in all models. As for an update, I will be hopefully ready for my forum members in mid Feb. so stay tuned and Thank you all for the support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Innovation.... I like it!
    I'm sure you've gotten a chance to play around with the soft-hit model in some of your personal pieces. What do you think about the feel of it after years of using the full blown hard hitter? Is it something that you think will become one of your personal daily runners or is it more or less to accommodate those that like the softer hit? Whats your personal take on it for your style and technique? What would you say the soft-hit is capable of that the heavy-hitter isn't and visa-versa? Would you say the soft-hit will be as versatile as the orig or more of a specialty machine for super soft black and gray fades?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just very intrigued and super stoked that you may be setting a new trend in rotaries! Props to you man!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Innovation.... I like it!
    I'm sure you've gotten a chance to play around with the soft-hit model in some of your personal pieces. What do you think about the feel of it after years of using the full blown hard hitter? Is it something that you think will become one of your personal daily runners or is it more or less to accommodate those that like the softer hit? Whats your personal take on it for your style and technique? What would you say the soft-hit is capable of that the heavy-hitter isn't and visa-versa? Would you say the soft-hit will be as versatile as the orig or more of a specialty machine for super soft black and gray fades?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just very intrigued and super stoked that you may be setting a new trend in rotaries! Props to you man!

Those questions are very good and worthy of a detailed answer. First I would say I am more catering to the folks that have developed a need for the coil-like hit although I am accustomed to the more direct hit just because I have pushed thru the learning process and enjoying all the benefits that adjustable's don't offer such as speed and healing times cut in half.

I think the fact that its already adjusted to a certain soft hit makes this idea groundbreaking because soo many folks have had issues of not remembering where the setting was for a peerticular tattoo when going for a new tattoo and therefore can get lost in all that. this way I am able to offer a softer hit and at the same time allowing the cushion-like hit not to change and therfore pick up a valuable feeling that doesnt change on you and trick/confuse your mind. this is more important than people realize when it comes to rotaries and I feel at that point there isnt anything else a rotary machine would need.

I will also say that an adjustable rotary user most of the time leaves it at a certain setting that they grow to like and the reason I think from talking to so many people is that those machines are either too soft one way or too hard the opposite way so the middleground is where most set them to and that is where my new slide will be set at permanently.

I think that this slide will be great for black n grey and I will know as soon as I get em next week and do full report. After all, I still have alot to learn but look forward to the hands on experience I will give it and hope it can help change the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANCO VESCOVI View Post
    Those questions are very good and worthy of a detailed answer. First I would say I am more catering to the folks that have developed a need for the coil-like hit although I am accustomed to the more direct hit just because I have pushed thru the learning process and enjoying all the benefits that adjustable's don't offer such as speed and healing times cut in half.

I think the fact that its already adjusted to a certain soft hit makes this idea groundbreaking because soo many folks have had issues of not remembering where the setting was for a peerticular tattoo when going for a new tattoo and therefore can get lost in all that. this way I am able to offer a softer hit and at the same time allowing the cushion-like hit not to change and therfore pick up a valuable feeling that doesnt change on you and trick/confuse your mind. this is more important than people realize when it comes to rotaries and I feel at that point there isnt anything else a rotary machine would need.

I will also say that an adjustable rotary user most of the time leaves it at a certain setting that they grow to like and the reason I think from talking to so many people is that those machines are either too soft one way or too hard the opposite way so the middleground is where most set them to and that is where my new slide will be set at permanently.

I think that this slide will be great for black n grey and I will know as soon as I get em next week and do full report. After all, I still have alot to learn but look forward to the hands on experience I will give it and hope it can help change the game.
    Just recently, I was able to watch your DVD on portraits. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the video. You are definitely blessed to teach while demonstrating your techniques. By far, this was one of the most informative and inspiring videos I have ever seen.

Within the video, you made mention that you prefer to line with coils because of the rotary's extreme hit. Do you still line with coils? Do you think that this soft-hit version of the machine will allow you to make the switch to lining with a rotary?

Maybe this question should be in the techniques section of the forum, but I figure I can kill two birds with one stone. I am a little curious at the speeds/voltages you run your machines at. I currently have a neo-tat vivace that I just recently got my hands on. I picked this up because of the no give hit (and because the Capo isn't out yet... I want dibs on one once they release). I have been experimenting with various speeds for color, black and gray, and for lining. What works for you in each of these categories, if you don't mind my asking?

And just saying, my mind is STILL blown at how the cognac glass was shaded with a friggin liner! Seriously, I wanna be like you when i grow up!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And just saying, my mind is STILL blown at how the cognac glass was shaded with a friggin liner! Seriously, I wanna be like you when i grow up!!
    You should see the Lion's head Franco did on the back of a guy's hand, and it was all single needle.