Post Thanks / Like

Stigma hyper give!

Hey guys, I have a stigma hyper and im not sure if its just compared to my dragonfly ,but i cant get this thing to hit much softer. I can losen the screw as far as it goes and it barley adjust it at all. I dont know if thats just how it is, or if there is something wrong with the machine .I really like how much you can change the dragonfly.. Anyone have this problem??

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try to hang just a hint on the needle off your tube (1mm and take it from there).
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    With the a bar fully extended? Or at a stop all the way back? I usually judge my needle depth by runing the machine and seeing how far out the tube they come and adjust the tube from there. Id say i most usually hang em out full stroke about a little bit more than a nickle.So i guess i usually have it out a little over 2 mm. Is that to far? I was tought to hang the needle just out of the tube at a rest position and your throw judged your needle depth but this always scared me to tare up the skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that too.. but although it didn't seem like it softened up much. When it came to working with it, it definitely made a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is probably down to being more used to working with one and then changing to the other as both are totally different as far as the drive goes so each will have a different feel when using them.
    I haven't used the give on my HyperV2 for quite a while, I now run it at the hardest setting and it works fine for lining, colour and shade but did find it made a difference when I did.
    Not had a really good go on my Dragonfly as my apprentice has taken it over and am more than happy with the V2 so can't comment on the difference in give

stigma I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give it some time to brake in , work with it for shading with the control screw turned about two times to the left and after about 2~3 weeks you will see - feel the difference. The swash-drive system from its nature is pushing the needles softer anyway, so we didn’t want to make the Hyper to hit a lot softer than it is now because if you do not have a lot of experience for years you can easily get fooled by the soft hit and then after some months the colors may fade, we always have to keep in consideration that the colors have to get in to the proper skin level to last forever , this is just a tip to all the artists using super soft hitting machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have the same problem. And I know it is a problem because I have 2 Stigma Hypers. On one of them, the give works fine and it hits very soft. On the other, even if I turn the give all the way out, it still hits hard.

I will give it a few weeks to see if this problem goes away. Perhaps since the machines are new, one of them is just "stiff" right now??