Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mabuchi Motors China?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this maybe someone could tell me where the Mabuchi motors come from? I thought its a Japanese company but I came across a motor with the Mabuchi logo on it that said "Product of China"?

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe maubuchi has factories all over the world. The earthquake and tsunami in japan just about crippled maubuchi for a while and there where a few builders who relied on them that where left in the dark for some time. I can only assume that if nothing was coming out of Japan for a while that production might have been switched to china?

Almost everything you would rely on to do your job currently comes out of china. A lot of it depends on who is making it and who designed it and is backing it. Apple products are made in china but the factory is held to the strictest of standards. (correct me if I am wrong but) at least 99% the premade needles and disposable tubes come from factories in china.

I once was doing research on car batteries and found a truck forum where a member was complaining about how whatever battery he bought was sub standard and he was disappointed in the company because they where a US company that had the batteries made in Mexico and in China. A rep from the company was being really good about replying to him about the standards the engineering etc. and the guy kept going on about how he got a raw deal because he thought he was buying American. Funny thing is his truck is not American... it was a Nissan and if he took all the parts not made in America out of his truck from when he rolled it off the lot I guarantee it would not leave his driveway.

Without having a rep from maubuchi on the site its hard to get all the info really but their motors have been proven to be robust workhorses that many builders choose as a go to for motors.

Post Thanks / Like
    good motors,i also use them for my machines,but i re wire them,so that at 5 volts they are capable of putting out 4,8 watts and an maximum of 8,4 w. at 7 volts

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct, Mabuchi is a Japanese company but some of their products are made elsewhere just like most other companies. It does not cheapen the product because there are a lot of well made items that come from China. That is a matter of quality control by the companies sourcing parts and or services from that area.

5. Like Alie K liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Amoebadesigns's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's like Harley Davidson...I tattoo a few guys that work for Harley and ALL of their parts are outsourced...mostly to China. Great motorcycles from an American Company but due to costs of producing they had to move overseas. They still have great quality control just as I'm sure Mabuchi does.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HELLO

MABUCHI is a JAPANESE company that produce since many years all the motors in CHINA, TAIWAN and VIETNAM, NO ONE SINGLE PARTS OF THIS MOTORS COMEOUT FROM JAPAN
    is a good cheap motor, i mean is a 2-5 USD motor, maybe less, for the price is ok, but u not compare this with MAXON, FAULHABER or PORTESCAP
    is a massive production factory, u find this kind of motors in any car, electrick toys, razor, and staff like that, the minimun order quantity is 5000 piece, maybe more
    i heard some builder they say they have try MAXON but they still prefere MABUCHI becouse more efficient
    THEY PROBABLE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY TALK ABOUT...

so u need understand that the ROTARY MACHINES with this kind of motors must to be cheaper than MAXON or other quality brand

Post Thanks / Like
    Graupner ( spelling ) is another German manufacture that is supposed to be pretty good. I think RW uses or used them. They are not supper expensive at the base line and crazy expensive at the top line. Much like Maxon is only like 35€ baseline. Just an observation.

Post Thanks / Like
    doesnt the bishop have maubuchi motors in them? id say franco would be one to ask id say

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
    doesnt the bishop have maubuchi motors in them? id say franco would be one to ask id say
    They do... I took one of my Bishops apart because I had to change the motor design that started bleeding from the disinfectant Im using since I dont bag my machines.

I felt disappointed having a 5$ motor built in my 350€ machine... But since everyone told that Mabuchi motors are of great quality and I havent had any problems so far Im fine with it.

The one in the Bishop is used for HP printers as far as I found out.
    Last edited by wildboy; 11-13-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NEOTAT and new one from them also use MABUCHI, probable also SPECIAL TECHNIQUE, im not sure, but look like most of the american builder they use this motors

FRANCO say his new rotary gonna have MAXON motor, cool

the MABUCHI is ok, i mean run, is very simple motor, from 5 USD to 50 or more USD like MAXON must have something different, rite ? in CHINA and TAIWAN u gonna find many many company produce small DC motors same as MABUCHI, have a lot of this staff used in many things, like u say on HP printer, many they use for the automatic windows car, small electrich car with control remote, ecc ecc..

so is good point of view think about your 5 USD motor inside your 350 USD machine...