Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    here is my little experience with mabuchi.
    The ones for RC cars are crap, they burn really fast (the ones that are flat).
    The bigger ones (I believe they are 25mm diameter, like the ones that neo tat uses) are good, solid and reliable.
    They are powerful, tough, they run smooth, silent. I believe the coils in that motor are hand wrapped.
    They pull around 5-6 watts of output.
    They are heavy though but you can't beat $2-5 compared with an $88 21600 from maxon. or Faulhaber.

Quality controlled in china is as good as quality control over here. Some of the stuff you can't manufacture in the us because the technology is just not here.
    The problem with china is not their labor, is the copycats that come from shitty companies that have no values.
    Apple computers are made in china just like most parts of high end cars.

The quality control sets a shitty product from a great product made in china.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are 22mm and 28mm OD there might be a 25 as well

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    here is my little experience with mabuchi.
    The ones for RC cars are crap, they burn really fast (the ones that are flat).
    The bigger ones (I believe they are 25mm diameter, like the ones that neo tat uses) are good, solid and reliable.
    They are powerful, tough, they run smooth, silent. I believe the coils in that motor are hand wrapped.
    They pull around 5-6 watts of output.
    They are heavy though but you can't beat $2-5 compared with an $88 21600 from maxon. or Faulhaber.

Quality controlled in china is as good as quality control over here. Some of the stuff you can't manufacture in the us because the technology is just not here.
    The problem with china is not their labor, is the copycats that come from shitty companies that have no values.
    Apple computers are made in china just like most parts of high end cars.

The quality control sets a shitty product from a great product made in china.
    Im having problems with the mabuchi motor as we speak, all the company can say to me is somtimes it happens when the motors sit for to long.rrrrrrrrrrrr maxon all the way.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Dan Kubin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found more of my issues with the wiring and terminals and messed up clip cords than I have with the motors. I also have machine designs that put minimal strain on the motor. I am sure that plays a big part...and to add to that, my motor problems have been with the larger ones, not the smaller ones. -go figure :-/
    I have had minimal issues with actual motors in the past year..so I'm not too concerned.
    also, I have a hard time believing that a Maxon motor is going to outlive a Mabuchi motor long enough to warrant paying 10x more for it.

5. Like otto liked this post.