Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starter Kit!

Post Thanks / Like

Starter Kit!

Most of my "starter kit" came today! Aaron Cain machines (Zekonah and Zooliner), EMS 400, Blitz tips, Pulse grips..still waiting on my Fusion Inks.Zekonah2 (1).jpgZekonah2 (2).jpgZooliner2 (1).jpgZooliner2 (2).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice kit! not from Worldwide or Hildbrant I presume lol.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your kit did not come with a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Your kit did not come with a rotary?
    Not yet...I'm starting her off with coil machines till she gets an understanding of everything. Keep an eye out for this girl! I have high hopes for her...she not only has the artistic talent, but the drive!
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

5. Like Administrator liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tcoe13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is the most impressive starter kit I have ever seen! So do you think that coiled machines are easier to start with than rotary?
    Keep on Keep'n on

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Most of my "starter kit" came today! Aaron Cain machines (Zekonah and Zooliner), EMS 400, Blitz tips, Pulse grips..still waiting on my Fusion Inks.Zekonah2 (1).jpgZekonah2 (2).jpgZooliner2 (1).jpgZooliner2 (2).jpg
    No Way!!!!! ....Thats not a starter kit! ... I mean come on now, Wheres ya black power pack With a gold tiger/lions head on it with 50 bottles of top professional quality Tattoo Ink?? Dont try and kid me. ....I've seen it on ebay!

Fair do's some real nice stuff in that lot, Your Teacher has it down pat starting you off with Coils. (And fantastic one's at that!) Welcome to the 'REAL WORLD' of Tattoo.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now you just need a simple coil machine like a green monster or a Paco Rollins that can be taken apart when you are not around so you can (forced to) learn how to do speedy maintenance.

9. Like Invertedpixel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need to start off with coils so that you have that knowledge in your arsenal. Love rotaries but it comes in handy to know coils as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need to start with a frame and learn to make it do what you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    These will just be her daily runners...she'll also be learning how to build from scratch ...I'm a firm believer that knowledge is the key. It seems that a lot of apprenticeships today consist of "where you should buy this or that..." as an example, she'll be learning to make her own needles, and will use nothing else but ones that she has made for the first 6 months of her tattooing...for no other reason but I believe an artist should know exactly what constitutes a well made needle from experience, not just someone having told her "these are the best". Granted, if later an apprentice of mine decides that they rather buy premades and put the energy used in making a needle into the actual art, that's cool...but she'll have the knowledge.

Believe me, she'll NEED to know how to build and tune a machine...I'm that dick that will schedule an appointment an hour early only to have an apprentice find their machine in pieces...nah, I'd never do that Olivia!
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.