Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bishop rotary

Post Thanks / Like
    Alie K. I respect your opinion, but your out of line with your understanding on this. The difference between a stealth is the price. Plain and simple. I'm not trying to buy a machine to fix any shortcomings. I'm just venturing into the world of rotaries more cause I have seen the heal times and consistency, and am always trying to try new things. I like to know what I'm investing in. I'm not that foolish with my money to just spend without learning about it first. This is something that I learned that didn't sit well with. Get over it. I think we are all adults here. Your attitude on this one isn't very cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be nice to have a chart of machines and the motors that they use as a compare contrast. But I would definitely vote for it to be a members only list. For instance I have a Treasure Chest and only know that it uses a German motor. I have assumed Fullhaeber or Graupner but this is an assumption.

As for attitudes, I think you have just gotten a wrong impression from the written word in contrast to the spoken one. It is difficult to ascertain intention and emotion from the written word and sometimes we read animosity where there is none. I am fairly certain that Allie is just trying to help. I don't think she is giving you any attitude.

3. Thanks Alie K thanked for this post.
    Like Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps.Maybe I just read it wrong. Sorry if I misunderstood. It is hard to judge tone and context over a keyboard. I have a small fortune in machines. Just like to know what I'm getting. I feel like the thread is getting a bit hijacked now, so I'll end by saying thanks for all the feed back, and perhaps will try one myself one day.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    The difference between a stealth [and Swiss Machine] is the price. Plain and simple.
    Do any machine builders care to comment on this statement? I'd really love to hear your replies.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    the stealth motor lacks some serious power

Post Thanks / Like
    Once again Alie, you have sadly misunderstood. And in return, you have decided to rewrite my sentence with Swiss Machine in quotations. Whats you angle? the meaning of my statement was simply to state that the difference of the stealth was the price difference which made it reasonable to try out. I paid 130 for it about a year or so ago, which seemed reasonable to try out during a time when rotaries where gaining popularity. Does that make sense? It still runs fine to this day and has become a product that I have found to be reliable. I wanted to check out some of these that have higher price tags to see what makes them 100-200% more in value. That's it.Not much else to say about it.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt there is any angle or bias.

The Stealth is made in china so the labor costs associated with the manufacture of this machine are lower than a machine made in Europe or the US. For some the stealth is a great workhorse, for others it has proven to be an under powered poorly constructed introduction to rotary machines. There are probably a hundred members of this forum who have at least one rattling around in their drawer and its neglected. I have seen the drive shaft on the stealth motor seize, the bearings ground to dust, the chuck bend... all within about a year of use. Sure it paid for its self however when you pay more you get more. Good coil machines start at $250 and easily double from there. You can buy an FK irons knock off from world wide as a simple introduction to a tattoo machine but it will still not be worth the copper wrapped around the coil cores after only a few hours of work with it.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alie K View Post
    Do any machine builders care to comment on this statement? I'd really love to hear your replies.
    Sure...Fuc# the Stealth. Support originality and quality.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

10. Thanks fsandoval thanked for this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    Alie K. I respect your opinion, but your out of line with your understanding on this. The difference between a stealth is the price. Plain and simple. I'm not trying to buy a machine to fix any shortcomings. I'm just venturing into the world of rotaries more cause I have seen the heal times and consistency, and am always trying to try new things. I like to know what I'm investing in. I'm not that foolish with my money to just spend without learning about it first. This is something that I learned that didn't sit well with. Get over it. I think we are all adults here. Your attitude on this one isn't very cool.
    Not at all, there are some major differences in both build and part quality period. Go and take a peek in the top drawer forum and look at what Alie actually owns and uses, she's not miss understanding anything at all, just simply stating that you get what you pay for period including customer service.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

12. Thanks Alie K thanked for this post.
    Like Alie K liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks every one I continued to use it with out the spring and still using it without. I now have 3 of these machines I had to send one back for repairs anyone know the turn around time to get one fixed. Sent it on november 16th I understand that they are busy and things take time. But I've seen on other post that they are usually really fast at getting machines back.