Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

paint probs on neo tat

hi..any one having problems with paint[purple] coming of on Neo tat ,only had it about 3 weeks ,treating it with kid gloves being the new toy and noticed couple of what look like chips on the paint work ,can only think caught it with needle bar,its not going to look very good in a few months at this rate.the bishop looks much better paint .my rotary works machine landed yesterday [spring adjuster one] will get chance to use it tomorrow let people know how it works out.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neotat is anodized not painted. Have you tried contacting them?

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had some tubes that were a little snug for the opening on my neotats and it rubbed some of the annodizing off - but it's only on the inside of the hole where tube tails are inserted. To me it's just cosmetic and it isn't like chipping paint that will affect the rest of my machine as more and more flakes off. Personally, I figured it would happen and it doesn't really bother me, but maybe we are talking about different things?
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    hi..not contacted them yet will do today,just that i got the neos from tattoorite ,folks on hear do not give that tony much praise on hear,saying he does knock offs from china that's what made me post that question last night. to me that is paint what is coming off with silver showing thro' .the other machine is ok as it is silver.will get in touch with rays team see what they say ..cheers ta2u

Post Thanks / Like
    Anodizing is a very strong durable finish, stronger than paint, its a sped up oxidation of the metal using dyes and electrodes. My guess is that the machine had surface oils or something that hindered the bond during the electrolytic process. Ray might want to check that part of the assembly to see whats fouling the machine before it goes in the bath for anodizing, some colors are much harder to use in the process than others of course a bad mix, loose electrode, or length in the bath could cause this as well, but wouldn't appear as a chip or a single spot, but a fouled spot on the surface would.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ta2u View Post
    hi..any one having problems with paint[purple] coming of on Neo tat ,only had it about 3 weeks ,treating it with kid gloves being the new toy and noticed couple of what look like chips on the paint work ,can only think caught it with needle bar,its not going to look very good in a few months at this rate.the bishop looks much better paint .my rotary works machine landed yesterday [spring adjuster one] will get chance to use it tomorrow let people know how it works out.
    Don't think catching it with the needlebar will scrape paint off. Sounds like it's wear and tear from your tube tails. They might have sharp edges that are scratching the annodizing off the inside of the chuck when you insert and remove them.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    We could all stop guessing with a photo... Care to post one? I am pretty certain that no matter what the issue is that they will do the best to help if you contact them.

Post Thanks / Like
    dropped a message to rays team this morning let you know what i get back.were the marks are is further up from chuck along edges of body,only used twice so wear and tear should not be a issue yet ,the marks are not massive yet that's why wondering what machine will be looking like in 12 months.don't just throw it on to tray or any thing heavy handed like i say been treating it with kid gloves.see what i get back from rays team no joy will chuck a photo on hear.love the bishop for line work that's had a lot more hammer and no probs with that at all .

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ta2u View Post
    hi..not contacted them yet will do today,just that i got the neos from tattoorite ,folks on hear do not give that tony much praise on hear,saying he does knock offs from china that's what made me post that question last night. to me that is paint what is coming off with silver showing thro' .the other machine is ok as it is silver.will get in touch with rays team see what they say ..cheers ta2u
    I wouldnt be surprised if Tony did sell you a copy???? you should put a pic up to show us????

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anodizing does not "chip" so unless you are referring to a scratch then it may not be an original Neotat. Pictures would definitely help.

11. Like OwlsDen liked this post.