Post Thanks / Like

here's a few i did with my neo's

feel free to critique
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jesse_sailboat.jpg   jesse_boondocksaints.jpg   jesse_compassanchor.jpg   jesse_ladybugflower.jpg   jesse_koidragon.jpg  

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost, aside from the outlining, don't be afraid to use some straight up black (or practically black colors) in your color tattoos! The compass/anchor and dragon/water for instance would have much more impact if there were darker areas that faded out into the color. I usually squint my eyes every now and again when I tattoo. If I can't see contrast, then I know I need to add more dark and light stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah what she said

Post Thanks / Like
    damnit i keep writing replys and clicking something and having to retype the whole thing.

yea, i know about the black thing. its something im trying to work on. i shaded the two tattoos you mentioned with straight black first, not enough obviiously. i'll go back on em. and yea the lines. recently ive become pretty consistant with lining with my neos.

thanks for the critique. must use more black.

Post Thanks / Like
    here is the other tech I use... most pigments sets have concentrate color... like green, purple, blue and red all have a very dark concentrate of those colors, so i lay out 4 caps of blue from the darkest to the lightest of that one color .. it will give you that deep contrast without using black