Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am afraid...
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    seems like a patent has no reason these days..

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paulo Cruze is selling this.

I know this guy he builds and sells coil machines all over the world and he is at most conventions in europe but has been trying to break into the rotary market for ages.
    It will be a genuine Maxon motor as that the motor he has been working with and as he clearly says its a replica I thinks he's going to sell loads.

THE DRAGONFLY IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE REPLICA DRAGONFLY.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-w-MAXON-Motor-Dragonfly-Replica-/280770185029?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item415f350745

I reported the Chinese copy on Ebay and got a nice email back today telling me to report the item to the original manufacturer so Ebay don't care as long as they get their fees.
    Last edited by Nedz; 11-10-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post

I reported the Chinese copy on Ebay and got a nice email back today telling me to report the item to the original manufacturer so Ebay don't care as long as they get their fees.
    thats fucked...i also don't understand how/why you would skimp by so little when the quality of said device is what you rely on to make your living? at current exchange rates rrp direct from dragonfly is $529AUD. the bidding on this 'replica' is STARTING at $313AUD?

Post Thanks / Like
    remember though... Only SERIOUS buyers please, no time wasters. Any time wasters will be reported to EBAY i think serious buyers will get the real thing

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What gets me is that the majority here slam the Chinese for making knock offs but somehow we continue to post their shit... if you object so strongly why give them any air time at all?
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

7. Like wildboy liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You see what happens is the china sellers are smart crooks they let you spend all the time and money to devolop and promote a machine then they step when its become well know & make a copy and reap all the rewards off the builders hardwork.
    I dont see countrys goverments stoping it or careing so i dought it will never end-just go to your local flea market and you will spot knockoff CDs, handbags, shoes & toys all day long.And that has been going on for the last 50 years if not more. You can all so go to any doller store and see bootleg toys everywhere. It will never stop.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ What Slick says!
    Its the voices!... They made me do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    What gets me is that the majority here slam the Chinese for making knock offs but somehow we continue to post their shit... if you object so strongly why give them any air time at all?
    I put this thread up to make artists aware, the fact that copies and rip offs are available so therefore avoidable.
    Personally i would not buy one, whether it be good or bad. it is a copy, that would be manufactured for profit and NOT for quality, OK it may be lighter, it may have a maxon all singing all dancing power unit. BUT it has not had the cost and input of design, trial and quality ( it's like me putting top sharpz coils armature bar and springs in a Chinese Tdial and saying "it's better than the real thing"). This particular machine is now being sold buy many sellers without the maxon "It is a copy"! an that means replica (Copy)
    I know that there comes a point when all things have the same basic movement and principles. and one or another wins out on design, weight and technical preference, but if you want your own built machine to be credited to you, then it surely should not look like another? even down to the needle glide device, spring tensioning, tube vice ect .
    I for one appreciate the thought, foresight and investment, that builders on this forum or not, put into their machines, is paramount,
    and foremost in quality, and design!

well that is my twopeneth worth anyhow if i am wrong, then i stand corrected and apologise for the post, but think i would like to know what is good and what is not out there, and for the record I would never buy from ebay
    Last edited by punkangel; 11-10-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    Paulo Cruze is selling this.

I know this guy he builds and sells coil machines all over the world and he is at most conventions in europe but has been trying to break into the rotary market for ages.
    It will be a genuine Maxon motor as that the motor he has been working with and as he clearly says its a replica I thinks he's going to sell loads.

THE DRAGONFLY IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE REPLICA DRAGONFLY.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-w-MAXON-Motor-Dragonfly-Replica-/280770185029?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item415f350745

Just curious..what do you mean you "reported" the Chinese copy on eBay? To who? for what?
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.