Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have been miss understood somewhere along the line. I buy what I feel comfortable using personaly which has nothing to do with brand name, cost or builder. I talk to a lot of artists and hear alot of artist talk about these top end machines and anything below them SUCK! My point was, lifes to short, theres to much hate in this world and at the end of the day as long as good tattoos are born then we succeed, right folks?Im healthy, my family is healthy, and my tattooing feels healthy.No Drama, No Issues, Lets All Get Tattooing.....
    Last edited by Clone Boy; 11-15-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Replica VS Original

Right guys, heres what we doooo..

I just bought the replica machine. Should arrive soon.
    I am going to be doing A LOT of comparisons against it and the original dragonfly.

Most parts of most machines are china (or somewhere similar) built. so what?
    Its what you make use of your machine!

It is running a true maxon rotor and is alot lighter than the original.. this may improve the amount of play you can do with a tattoo.
    What are brand names nowadays? I bought the dragonfly when it was released for £467.15 !!
    Dragonfly hadn't produced an earlier machine (that i am aware of) so really they can be seen as people who just got lucky?

If i built machines, i would take what works and make it better; and hope not to be slated for hard work and perseverence.

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR REPLICA VS ORIGINAL

4. Like Clone Boy liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got 2 replica's to have a look and compare them. They came with instructions not to turn the adjuster more than quarter of a turn, I thought this was a little strange as the Dragonfly turns all the way around.
    Anyway the build quality on the frame is almost the same it even has the hole for the rca but does not use it and the frame is not cut awy like the one pictured on this thread it is identical to the original. When you turn the adjuster though the machine stops working it just locks up both of the machines do this so they have not followed through on the design just copied it not knowing what it actully does typical Chinese copy.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I had an email from someone asking if I sold spare parts for the firefly which really @@***@ me off.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could just offer to sell them the two you have.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedz View Post
    I just got 2 replica's to have a look and compare them. They came with instructions not to turn the adjuster more than quarter of a turn, I thought this was a little strange as the Dragonfly turns all the way around.
    Anyway the build quality on the frame is almost the same it even has the hole for the rca but does not use it and the frame is not cut awy like the one pictured on this thread it is identical to the original. When you turn the adjuster though the machine stops working it just locks up both of the machines do this so they have not followed through on the design just copied it not knowing what it actully does typical Chinese copy.
    But is it the same replica as Paulo Cruzes is selling? I know he claims to use a Maxon motor,just wondering about the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, if the people that make the real machines would just say to eBay that an auction is a copy of their copyright, eBay is required to take it down. A while ago I bid on a Micky Sharpz Paul Rogers machine. I was not winning the auction. But eBay contacted me to let me know that the copyright holder had contacted them to pull the auction and that they were required to do so. If enough manufactures did this they might move on and find another market to exploit.

10. Like Clone Boy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    very good point......if only the makers could do this.?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried the same model as Nedz...
    the motor certainly isnt Maxon, it only had 1/4 turn adjustment any more and it locks up, so (on the one i tried) there is only soft hitting, about the same as my dragonfly.
    pulling it to bits, the guts resemble the DF but i think that it is the 2 screw motor clamp that inhibits the 90degree alignment between the motor shaft and the adjuster screw so that more than 1/4 turn makes the screw lock in the cap.
    running it, its noisier than my DF but it works alright and at similar voltage, certainly better than any other "copy" machine i have ever tried !
    without a doubt, stripping and rebuilding with some care resulted in the machine running much better than when it came out of the box, and i suppose with some further attention it could run better.
    I doubt that it will be long until the "newness" of a DF copy wears off, and that the fleabay market will be saturated with such copies, and so it follows that the price will drop to boot !
    It doesn't surprise me that 'reputable' builders will re-engineer these machines and flog them for twice what they paid but still 2/3 of a DF simply because people will buy them. Without demand there is no need for supply
    Peace
    Last edited by julianforrester; 11-17-2011 at 04:41 PM.