Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    ...Jay most often those products under store brands are actually made by the real manufacturer but sold under spec and un branded...its their way of cornering all markets....
    your spot on that one mark ,my half brother has be a manager of a local grocery store for like the last 15 years and he told me years ago that the alot of the name brand companys do that so they can also get sells from people that dont have alot of money.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if a rotary is doing its jobb then its a good machine. Why pay $700 ? Its sad how builders charge so muvh money for a machine. To me and many a rotary is a rotary and to price it at $700 is sad IMO. I dont like most but some are built well amd run well like stealth is a perfect rotary at a good price with parts avalibal to buy. Hard to hate it cause it runs smooth as any other, its not a knock off its its own machine. Just like coils, a machine is a machine an a rotary is a motor and yes cheap rotarys have motors that will go in a year or 2 but very cheap to buy another. Got to admit a rotary is a rotary so pick up the stealth and the swiss and compare hit, sound smoothness and you will see there very alike but one will last longer and is way way more money. I own my own shop an d $700 a machine is like they dont understand economy and how much most make now days so yes some will buy the cheaper machine but cheaper money wise thats it. Lets face the facts people. A coil is a machine cause it is tuned and any coil can run great with tuning.

Gaston make allot cause he tune like a god and he can tune any machine like he does or he would not be. i sorry i dont mean to be a dic$ or piss guys/gals off i just speak my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Well if a rotary is doing its jobb then its a good machine. Why pay $700 ? Its sad how builders charge so muvh money for a machine. To me and many a rotary is a rotary and to price it at $700 is sad IMO. I dont like most but some are built well amd run well like stealth is a perfect rotary at a good price with parts avalibal to buy. Hard to hate it cause it runs smooth as any other, its not a knock off its its own machine. Just like coils, a machine is a machine an a rotary is a motor and yes cheap rotarys have motors that will go in a year or
    Stealth is a copy of the Swiss machine..

Post Thanks / Like
    you get what you pay for end of, theres a reason the clones look just like the real deal because thats what there ment to do ...... if you have a good rotary machine in its own right then there is no need to copy the style of an established brand , the only reason to do this is to boost the profile of your bag"o"crap !

we all know the industry is all over the place but i like to think that the guy making my machine is putting as much effort and respect into it as i am when i use it , and if that peace of mind costs me £500 then so be it

just my opinion and all that :P

5. Like Mr.Taboo liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Gaston make allot cause he tune like a god and he can tune any machine like he does or he would not be. i sorry i dont mean to be a dic$ or piss guys/gals off i just speak my opinion
    I am Definitely nowhere close to a God!! Let's make that clear.

In general:
    To accept a knock off is like tracing someone else's tattoo and get at it. Why would I create a tattoo when it's already done!....right??? In fact after you are done you can also put it on your portfolio and claim that you are the original designer.....

Whatever suits your morals. If you have a bit of respect for the people that are a true asset in this industry innovating and providing us with great tools then you know the answer.
    If you are just here to get by then ignore all the above and have fun.

I get pissed every time I see a knock off of my machines or any machine. It's like being raped with no lube. Only rapped by three girls in high school
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    wow i thought i was on the nick baxter forum for a second there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Gaston , 1st You ARE a GOD !!!! Your coils are amazing machines and your skill is beyond talent. I love how you tune your machines and to me your a machine god haha but 4 real

I do understand what you mean 100%. I would get pissed if someone came in my shop snatching my artwork off the walls and making a copy. I just think $500 and up is a little to much thats all, some knockoffs like stealth run just as well as the swiss with the hit and the smoothness, not as great but close and for one to be hundreds more is sad to me. Its a motor and parts , Anyway i understand what you mean and that does suck. Atleast they could copy the basics and make a different looking machine haha.

Well gaston i look forward to using your rotary very soon !! I dont buy the crap knockoffs , Its just i compared a few and they ran very much the same. I stick with real machines from real builders like yourself. Have a great X-mass / holidays gaston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turnrock View Post
    wow i thought i was on the nick baxter forum for a second there.
    Not quite dude but i know what you mean!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with buying a knock off, who are you going to contact to solve a problem when it comes about, Are you going to call some person in the middle of China. If we continue to buy everything from China we all are going to be out of jobs. The quality of the motors are sub standard and wil not last near as long as a well built machine. But to each their own buy to save and in the long run you will see your art go down hill. Would you want a doctor to cut you open with a substandard scalpel or a sharp German made one?

Post Thanks / Like
    And in contrast Germany still has a lot of its own industry. For example if I need bearings, there is a factory maybe 1.5 Kilometers from my shop. It is amazing how much stuff is still made here.