Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem with the rca on the tc but all my other machines were ok. I found if you squash the end of your cord connection with a pair of pliers so it is slightly oval it makes a tighter fit

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I did that, I even put a bead of solder on the lip of the plug on the RCA cable. Nothing has worked so I use a rubberband around the body to hold it on, by feeding a loop of the cable through the band. It isn't pretty but it works. I have a new end to solder on that has cuts to crimp in for a tighter fit. If it still gives me issue, I am going to copper plate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I acutally think on mine it was the internal hole that the peg goes into was too big.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think so too, no way of fixing that easily. Aside from replacing it. I do have the right security key to open up the back somewhere. I could see what kind of plug it has and order a new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    I had the same problem with the rca on the tc but all my other machines were ok. I found if you squash the end of your cord connection with a pair of pliers so it is slightly oval it makes a tighter fit
    Yep this is the way to go! I got about 6 Rca cords knocking about here and on some machines the fitted snug on others a bit loose. I just very slightly pinched the end so it was slightly out of shape. Absolutely no chance of em slipping off. In fact on a few of em ya have to fight with it! These are just Radio shack 1's too! so no Gold plating etc!
    Its the voices!... They made me do it!

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't be bothered to source the parts to make your own, Eikon's gold plated RCA lead grips everything I've tried it with and so far has survived me rolling over it repeatedly.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to see if anyone carries the lead over here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckjr View Post
    I make my own cables too, I always use gold plate parts. better connection and it looks cool heres what I do....... I poke through the cover in 1 corner then I roll the cover snug around it and secure it with med or scotch tape to itself not to the connector. this way when its plugged in it wont slide down, but unplugged it will still slide off easily. I subbed the scotch tape with green masking tape so you could see it easier in the picAttachment 5865Attachment 5866Attachment 5867
    I got an opportunity to try your method tonight... thanks for sharing this, I like it WAY better than taping the cover to the rca itself. Its little tips like this that help save time and energy and I appreciate it!!

Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DiarrheaSuitcase View Post
    I got an opportunity to try your method tonight... thanks for sharing this, I like it WAY better than taping the cover to the rca itself. Its little tips like this that help save time and energy and I appreciate it!!
    thanks and you're very welcome. its the little things that make the biggest difference sometimes.
    can't=finished by end of today, impossible=finished by end of week, out of your mind=already finished

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckjr View Post
    I make my own cables too, I always use gold plate parts. better connection and it looks cool heres what I do....... I poke through the cover in 1 corner then I roll the cover snug around it and secure it with med or scotch tape to itself not to the connector. this way when its plugged in it wont slide down, but unplugged it will still slide off easily. I subbed the scotch tape with green masking tape so you could see it easier in the picAttachment 5865Attachment 5866Attachment 5867
    Off topic here ,but I like your bottle racks. I could do with something nice & tidy like that.