Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Treasure Chest first impressions.

Where to start, hmmm.... it's pretty, lighter and smaller than I expected. It is a well thought out machine no doubt. I don't know if it is a standard thing to put silicon tubing over the needle bar ( armature bar seems an out of place term here ) but i noticed that the needle fit so tightly I did not need a rubber band, and this was with a liner. There is however a sense of vertical vibration, but I did have the top screw almost all the way in.

As far as working goes it is a dynamite color machine, it is almost exactly how I have my primary coil shader set up. Definitely a comfortable switch for color instantly. The only difficulty I am having is how quiet it is. I have heard some say that it is very quiet and others say that it is loud. I thought mine was very very quiet. Lining is a little different. I now understand what others had said before about how slowing down makes faster. I have always felt a slight urgency with my day to day coils liner, not uncomfortable but always an er of caution. This machine however makes me slow down just a hair, relax and one pass it is good. Better than I thought for first pass on an elbow even. I am sure that the rapier would be an even better liner. I think in time I will look for another machine for lining, but for now I think slowing down might be good. You never know though, this is day one. Tomorrow I might want to go back to coils for lining.

The only issue i am really having at all is my clip cord cover.. i can not get it to stay on an rya cord. It tends to slide down... i don't want to use a rubber band as then it is just a pain to get back off.. Also I have noticed that my RCA slides off and the tube vice is a little tight. I expected those from the forum.

lining at around 10 volts, and shading at 9.7

Brilliant machine Cary, i will be ordering the spring set soon.IMG_6224.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    does the build quality remind you of a handgun? i swear it can transform into a glock lol.
    if the vice is tight its probably your tubes.i was just talking about this with one of my friends last week. chinese tubes are not made to the same specs as american say a Dringenberg tube. this machine is probably built to fit those types of tubes just like how a Aaron Cain, Seth C and allot of quality builders tube vices will all seem too small if your using cheaper tubes.quality machines are built to work with quality tubes.i bought about 15 kingpin tubes and had to file out a couple of my tube vices to fit them..that sucked

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The funny thing is we use all imperial measures and there are so many different tube manufactures it's hard to keep it middle of the road on the tube vise. We are opening the hole up a couple thou on the next batch. For the handgun look we are firearm guys and think weapon on everything. The machinist we use manufactures firearms and accesories. I have some new designs coming out that are going to be even more weapon looking and ergonomic.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you use a better made goldplated rca cord(extra plating makes a tighter fit) or the talon brand it will stay on just fine.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedpirate2 View Post
    The funny thing is we use all imperial measures and there are so many different tube manufactures it's hard to keep it middle of the road on the tube vise. We are opening the hole up a couple thou on the next batch. For the handgun look we are firearm guys and think weapon on everything. The machinist we use manufactures firearms and accesories. I have some new designs coming out that are going to be even more weapon looking and ergonomic.
    I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turnrock View Post
    does the build quality remind you of a handgun? i swear it can transform into a glock lol.
    if the vice is tight its probably your tubes.i was just talking about this with one of my friends last week. chinese tubes are not made to the same specs as american say a Dringenberg tube. this machine is probably built to fit those types of tubes just like how a Aaron Cain, Seth C and allot of quality builders tube vices will all seem too small if your using cheaper tubes.quality machines are built to work with quality tubes.i bought about 15 kingpin tubes and had to file out a couple of my tube vices to fit them..that sucked

The hand gun thing, yeah a little. Just means that it feels good in the hand right?

With the tubes, i have an odd collection of tubes. Some are from Lucky and Diversified from back when i lived in Florida, some i got from Unimax, a few from CAM, a few from technical... and a few that i don't know where they came from. I am sure that as i go along that some will fir better than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    If you use a better made goldplated rca cord(extra plating makes a tighter fit) or the talon brand it will stay on just fine.
    I have one on the way to me, but I am going to try and fine some RCA jacks that are plated. i like to make my own cables when I can.
    Last edited by OwlsDen; 11-16-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I did some more lining with it today. Well maybe a lot. Outlined a half sleeve. Easy stuff flowery Girl stuff, but it was great, I wish it was a little bit faster but I really liked it. I had my voltage up around 10.7 ( I almost never turn anything up past 10.4 ) and like I said it could have been a tad faster or a tad harder hitting. But it felt very close to perfect. It is my understanding that I should not go past 11 volts. Is this true? How bad would it be to go to 11.4?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its good to 12 volts the motor people say it'll take a lot but it shortens the life over 12 volts

Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make my own cables too, I always use gold plate parts. better connection and it looks cool heres what I do....... I poke through the cover in 1 corner then I roll the cover snug around it and secure it with med or scotch tape to itself not to the connector. this way when its plugged in it wont slide down, but unplugged it will still slide off easily. I subbed the scotch tape with green masking tape so you could see it easier in the picDSCN1616.jpgDSCN1617.jpgDSCN1618.jpg