Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turnrock View Post
    i know this is an old issue and its been shrunk down from that first version but im still waiting to see it next to some other rotarys for comparison.you guys feel like the size is good now?
    I for one thought the first version was too big...not that it made that much of a difference running with it because the weight was so light, felt like a King Size sharpie in your hand...but as far as the 2nd gen goes, I think the size is perfect now. I have coil machines that sit at the same height.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turnrock View Post
    i know this is an old issue and its been shrunk down from that first version but im still waiting to see it next to some other rotarys for comparison.you guys feel like the size is good now?
    the size is perfect and the balance is just as good.... i owned 2 of the original prototypes and these are by far better from the size to it being aluminum now to the throw adjuster.... the machine is top notch and the service from Mike is second to none he will promptly answer any questions and get you on the right track if there are issues with the machine I highly recommend you try one out

Post Thanks / Like
    After the holiday drama is over anyone who would like to bring a client to my shop to try one out will be more than welcome...... i know this isnt easy for everyone .... so we'll be at the Philly Baltimore And Hampton Va conventions if you would like to see or try one out....... i would be posting some pics but this is proving to be difficult i get them uploaded then nothing so please be patient I'll figure this shit out soon
    Last edited by tattoosbybill; 11-23-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so most of my clients are recieving the Centri and having issues with only having a short stroke, I wanted to post on here for any future referrence that the Centri is assembled but only tested for 20 min. then packaged and shipped. There is a instruction sheet with the Centri that says let the machine run for about 5 min. to mature the internal components at 7.5. We are finding out that its not long enough. I suggest they run now for about 30-45 min for maturing. Unfortunaly these machines do not like being cold and have attitudes when they are. The Centri only needs to mature for that long out of the box, every use from that point on the Centri will be fine. the plastic version never had this issue because it wouldnt substain cold temperatures unlike the aluminum ones. I find it amazing how little metal changes size from its temperature but how largely it can effect the internal workings of the Centri. Im going to work on a video this weekend so it will be much easier to understand the birth of the machines. Sorry for any inconviences it may caused from the get go. Im also going to change the fact that it says does not need oil to its safe to oil if need be. What little oil may be required is to reduce the friction when its in a cold state. Every machine that leaves here from now on will have oil on its pivot points to reduce the maturing factor. I want to thank everyone for there feedback and please feel free contact me 24-7 if you have any questions.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    Im also going to change the fact that it says does not need oil to its safe to oil if need be. What little oil may be required is to reduce the friction when its in a cold state.
    Where abouts on the machine would you apply the oil Mike?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines JCarlton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the new version for about a week now, I have not had a lot of time with it as I am smack in the middle of building a new studio here in Oregon. From the little I have used it I have had 0 issues with it, without a set up the throw is very long like longer than you would ever want. once you get the weight of a needle bar attached its a very nice long throw that has a strong consistent hit. It has a really nice confident punchy feel to it, like you know the ink is saturated even before wiping. The new more compact size is perfect and the weight feels like a real machine and not a toy. Mike has always gone out of his way to answer any question even texting me making sure I was pleased with the machine. As soon as I get the doors open I have a feeling this will get used a lot. Thanks Mike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Joshua, I want to thank all of you that have purchased the Centri, I hope it brings a new sensation to our industy. All of you hold the Centri's future in your hand!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got mine today. I'm off tomorrow, so I won't get to use it till thursday, but I'll post my thoughts about it after I've had some time with it.

First impression: Looks and feels like a solid, quality machine. Initially the shape is off putting, but I put a tube in it and it feels really nice in the hand. Good balance, and lighter than I thought it would be.
    I've been looking forward to this machine for months. I can't wait to use it!

Post Thanks / Like
    centri 2000.jpgHere's the Centri up against one of my coils. Looks big compared? Because of the machines balance and weight (or lack of) you don't feel it. It's like having a king size sharpie in your hand.

There was a large thread started awhile back about the Centri...for whatever reason members were all over this machine, questioning how it would run, last, even questioning what their customer service would be like, if they would stand behind their product, etc. I've only had the Centri for a short time, so I'm going to hold off on posting how the machine runs (I'd like to post pictures). As for their customer service? I've dealt with Mike (owner of Centri) a few times now. I think he might regret saying that he'd be available 24-7, but so far it's been just that. He more then made himself available to me in answering any question(s) that I've had. Sometimes people get confused with a builder being nice, and them having a nice product...but in the case of Centri it's both.

I wasn't happy with the way you had to put rubber bands on the machine. Was taking me way too long to set up. After playing with it though, I found if you clip your bands on first (from the RCA jack, threw the vice and onto the thumb screw) it's not a problem.

Will be posting more as I have time with them...
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

10. Like tattoosbybill liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a video for now on the Centri and its funtions.
    http://youtu.be/41sahY6tVZw