Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Aluminium Armature Bar

Now folks. Is there anyone who knows of a aluminium armature bar on the market as i cant find any.
    I know aluminium isnt magnetic but me and a friend have designed one that will, and should work,(fingers crossed).
    My friend who is actually building it is a wizard at engineering so we can pull this backyard project off.
    We dont claim to be machine builders and its just a little experiment.
    We will stick photos up when ones done but if its been done before then please let us know so we can forget the idea completly.

Cheers folks...

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard of one. But you would have to toss in a ferrous slug for it work. Something like the ferrous yoke under the coils on a non ferrous frame. How much weight would you save over say a cut down speed bar? What is the advantage? I would think the softer aluminum would strip out easier too. Unless you put a steel insert for the spring screw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Evening Den.
    The threads for the screw would definatly be an issue as we all know what ally grips are like after time. hmmmm first issue.
    The bottom of the bar was going to have a silver strip flushed in for it to conduct with the coils.
    As for speed! Well,We will soon find out if we pull it off but like i said its just an idea that came up earlier this evening while talking in the garage and thought we would give it a bash...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone Boy View Post
    Evening Den.
    The threads for the screw would definatly be an issue as we all know what ally grips are like after time. hmmmm first issue.
    The bottom of the bar was going to have a silver strip flushed in for it to conduct with the coils.
    As for speed! Well,We will soon find out if we pull it off but like i said its just an idea that came up earlier this evening while talking in the garage and thought we would give it a bash...
    ? silver is a non ferrous metal and the coils dont need to conduct with the abar at all..im lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds interesting let me know how it goes

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are made of Aluminum, I have them made specially, there not like your typical ones. Not bad though if you buy alot of them you can get them for a reasonable rate. You can place steel threaded inserts into it for a stronger threading.

Post Thanks / Like
    The coils must magnetically attract the abar to creat linear motion. So a ferrous abar is very important. It has nothing to do with conductivity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    The coils must magnetically attract the abar to creat linear motion. So a ferrous abar is very important. It has nothing to do with conductivity.
    What he said...
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    im wondering if hes just explaining it wrong. you could also make this abar out of some type of molded plastic and maybe it can absorb vibrations while its going fast.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    HEY CLONE BOY, but u talking about ARMATURE BAR for coils machines?
    impossible work that is not MAGNETIC MATERIAL, the only way u have for ALUMINIM ARMATURE BAR, is put a insert of IRON inside where the HEAD of the coils touch the ARMATURE BAR, that's all

but not realy have to much sense have ALUMINIUM A.-BAR, for what? for go more fast? probable the machine like that gonna run more than 160 HZ, is to fast, no good for tattoos

U EVER BUILD MACHINES BEFORE ?