Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always make sure its in correctly, needles on the bottom, im not sure there might be a problem with my bishop then because i just tried it with like 4 dif needles and tubes, and no matter what , without the bend on the needle bar, the needle flops around, like when i pull the mag backwards it lifts right out of the back of the tube and stays lifted does not snap back to the back of the tube, with the bend it works fine... the other thing i noticed is the needle is not dead centre in the middle of the tube... if you look at the machine from the front it is centered front to back , but on the left to right it is slightly to the left , not dead centre :S and i tried this with several new needles thinking maybe the bend i put it in made it like this but its def not the bend everyone sat the same way...
    Last edited by joelhague; 11-24-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just find it odd you dont have the same problem and need to use a bend :S makes me wonder about my machine

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I don't own a Bishop - my Neotats are the only machines I have with a clip. Have you tried contacting Franco? He aims to please, and if you send him a message with your concerns, he may tell you to send the machine back to him for repair or for replacement if there is a need for that. Try sending an email through Francovescovi.com - he may get back faster to you that way.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Allie you have helped a lot, I'm going to use it a few more times and get a better feel for it im sure its fine. just something new to get used to, first time i havent had to reach into my elastic jar :P

Post Thanks / Like
    you have to bend the needle to be at the back of the tube with the bishop or it will rub towards the front and you gotta give it a good push for it to click into the needle clip..maybe you didnt pop it in?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you turnrock i knew it must need that bend!, and its def in the clip proporly clicks in and out,... but ya , bend is a must i think

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i have to bend mine or i have the same prob...it only takes a little and it's perfect...
    If your dumb,you better be tough or better yet bullet proof...!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A slight bend helps keep the needle at the tip stay flush with the tip. It's more torwards the needles. I hate it when the needle are not sitting down. I know with the neo's I don't need to bend it to hold my needle correctly, I only do it to direct the needles to stay flush on the bottom of the tip.
    I can't wait to get a bishop!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    ok so this is my first machine with a needle clip instead of bands, i guess you HAVE to bend your needlebars eh? i never did before as my artist doesnt do it ... but today i was like wtf is up with my machine and it was my mag floppin around in the tube the clip doesnt really hold it secure without this bend? correct me if im doing something wrong? didnt notice it at first as i was using a round tube that kept the liner pretty snug

and hey ya thanks for the tip i will check out the tubing i saw that in another post somewhere
    Yes you always want to bend your needles as to make them ride snug n fit and allows that precision linear movement and prevent splattering!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines FRANCO VESCOVI's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    I always make sure its in correctly, needles on the bottom, im not sure there might be a problem with my bishop then because i just tried it with like 4 dif needles and tubes, and no matter what , without the bend on the needle bar, the needle flops around, like when i pull the mag backwards it lifts right out of the back of the tube and stays lifted does not snap back to the back of the tube, with the bend it works fine... the other thing i noticed is the needle is not dead centre in the middle of the tube... if you look at the machine from the front it is centered front to back , but on the left to right it is slightly to the left , not dead centre :S and i tried this with several new needles thinking maybe the bend i put it in made it like this but its def not the bend everyone sat the same way...
    One thing to consicer is that the bend is mandatory since the needle cliop holds it in place you have to slightly bend the needle bar and also slightly bend the needle also. This is the best way to ensure that it will ride smooth even if the tube is slightly bent.

11. Thanks GregM thanked for this post.