Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    difficult!! more options...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for a great all-arounder...I would say look at stroke lengths.

For me, I found that the perfect stroke length for lining on a rotary is 3- 3.5 mm
    Swash gen 7 has a slightly bigger stroke which to me, makes it a better shader.
    I just got a neo-tat vivace and I am blown away at how well the machine packs color and shades....the vivace also has a 3.5 mm stoke which in theory should make it a great liner too... i have tried to line with it, but had to move a little slow....I think this can be compensated for by uping the volts...

so, in my opinion, the best all arounder I have tried would be the neo-tat vivace.

oh, and I would give my left pinky toe for a nice vacation to Holland!!
    Last edited by chris-in-cali; 11-28-2011 at 06:16 PM.

3. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Like ckjr liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use dragonflies for my daily drivers. They do everything I ask them to. Adjustable if u like to change it up. Lining is great for me and with rotaries that is always the question.

Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    you also welcome when you keep the pinky....

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my gen6 swashdrive daily, used it happily with everything except fineline for which I feel it's overpowered at speed, b&grey is good too but gotta use a light touch. Otherwise, med-bold line, color shading, packing and tribalry are all close to on par or better than any other I've tried. If its the only rotory you're ever going to have there might be better all arounders that incorporate throw, damping, and give adjustments that are quick and easy to do on the fly, my choices: Ned'z, whip, dragonfly, and the much anticipated Spektra halo. Haven't tried the centri as I still have to knock ever a 7-11 for the cost but if it's half as good as the hype(and I bet it is why I really want one) it sounds like it excells at everthing without adjustment.

7. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    well i dont know if its the only rotary i ever gonna use. For now it is the best option for taking with me for my travelling.
    I heard and read many good things about the dragonfly aswell...but as i look at the design there are so many small breakable parts. Atleast it looks like it.
    Does anyone know of or have expierence with the durability of the dragonfly and problems with those parts?
    The other mentioned machines like the Ned'z, swash, or Neo are looking more firm to me....or am i wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't go wrong with any of those as they are all highly rated. My swash is really compact and seems durable, weight and balance are great and it was really easy to convert to from coils. I've also used it for a good solid year and haven't had to change the clip yet. I have made a few mods:ceramic bearings, titanium and aluminum bolts, a top guard rail to keep the bags from touching the moving bits-made from a ti bike spoke, a finned motor heatsink-had to cut a chunk outta the frame lol, and a single-eared tube vice nut. I guess I really like customizing my stuff...

10. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Las Vegas or whatever city I happen to be in
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a custom cam drive and a blitz when I first started with rotaries........... both hard hitters that scared the hell outa me. I adjusted my hand movement to compensate. I say go with a good linear for a liner and back it up with a stigma. dragonfly is an awesome machine, but lately a few of us at the shop have been having stay up spring issues

12. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nedz mid stroke or a rapier with med spring setup both are great allrounders.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

14. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you'd go wrong with one of Dan Kubin's mini crankers, if you tell him you want an all rounder he'll deal with it. He's a great builder to deal with.

16. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.