Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like

what to choose??

Im Delta.
    Im from Holland and ive been tattooing for about 4 years now. I worked few years in a tattooshop in Holland. Now my life is goin to change, in a few months i go travel the world. Ive been travelling a lot in the past but now i want to travel as long as possible.
    Ofcourse i take my tattoo-equipement with me!!! And i want to meet lots of artists.....
    Im completely new to the rotary machines and i hope to find some get some good advice here for my new fase in tattooing and in life. So i hope i will get here some good advice for my choice wich rotary to buy.
    The machine must be so much allround as possible. using it for lining shading and colouring and easy to adjust and easy in use and maintain,
    Ive been reading a lot on this forum....but its difficult to make the right choice because the opinions are so divers about every machine.
    a few options crossed my mind:

- swash drive
    - neo tat
    - dragonfly

What is the best choice within the specifications i want?

2. Thanks TattooMike thanked for this post.
    Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well this is purely subjective as everyone tattoos slightly differently but, for an all purpose machine from your list I'd probably go with the Swashdrive
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

4. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is that?

Banned Asshole
    Post Thanks / Like
    and wich swashdrive should u recommend?
    the gen7 or the whip?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would pick two and discover what you like about each and what each is best for. Maybe the Neo and te Swash. Both opposite sides of the same coin. That way you have two good machines. The Swash will eventually need a new clips so make sure to order some spares if you get one used. Also the one time I used a Swash it had some wear on the front clip and made the needle bar move in a slight oval, this is why I wouldn't consider it a good choice for lining. But this is my experience and may not be yours.

8. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNL View Post
    why is that?
    It works well, with standard needles or if you prefer the Hawk or T-Tech type cartridges, only has 1 stroke length option, comes with a soft and hard clip as standard and is quiet, light and vibration free. I'm sure others will have differing opinions but that's my 2 cents.

10. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was speaking of the Swash gen 6, the whip is another animal. I have never used one.

12. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a gen 6 & 7, personally I liked the 7 more as it lined really well for me... I've not tried a whip so I can't comment but there are loads of threads about them if u search.

14. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd recommend the nedz machine as you can have different strokes and spring settings making this a very versatile machine.

16. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaNL View Post
    Im Delta.
    Im from Holland and ive been tattooing for about 4 years now. I worked few years in a tattooshop in Holland. Now my life is goin to change, in a few months i go travel the world. Ive been travelling a lot in the past but now i want to travel as long as possible.
    Ofcourse i take my tattoo-equipement with me!!! And i want to meet lots of artists.....
    Im completely new to the rotary machines and i hope to find some get some good advice here for my new fase in tattooing and in life. So i hope i will get here some good advice for my choice wich rotary to buy.
    The machine must be so much allround as possible. using it for lining shading and colouring and easy to adjust and easy in use and maintain,
    Ive been reading a lot on this forum....but its difficult to make the right choice because the opinions are so divers about every machine.
    a few options crossed my mind:

- swash drive
    - neo tat
    - dragonfly

What is the best choice within the specifications i want?
    One thing to keep in mind is if you end up completely hating what you got there are always folks on here looking for all three of what you listed so you can often make a decent trade just in case you are worried about it.

18. Thanks DeltaNL thanked for this post.